Trump vs. pro sports: President finds new target in America First agenda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by well highdrated, Sep 23, 2017.

1. "If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL, or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect ...," Trump said in tweets Saturday afternoon. "Our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem. If not, YOU'RE FIRED. Find something else to do!"

Is he speaking out against free speech and freedom of expression? Sure seems like it. Someone here said that if one should uphold the constitution of the United States, then you have to accept the opposing position, even if you disagree with it.

Not so, according to donald. It's ok to respect a Nazi flag, as long as you are standing up during the national anthem.
    Otherwise freedom of expression is not allowed.

What do all the defenders of alt right and free speech have to say about this?

Trump vs. pro sports: President finds new target in America First agenda

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. i think it is great our president is speaking his mind and is not scared to share his true feelings and views. at least he isnt a fraud like the last one or two, or three

i think every american should stand and show respect for their country.
    especially the pro sports athletes who make millions off of the system they are protesting.
    its one thing to express your views but to piss on a country that allows you to have those views is another

but hey if thats what the nfl wants to do.
    trump made alot of good points. with the standing and penalties.
    the nfl is loosing viewers, sponsers....people arnt going to the games

it seemed like maybe 3-4 years ago, nfl was the best. but it started going downhill. plus all these little attacks on the leuage are paying off.
    they pandered to the liberals, and now they are loosing their standing lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Trump gets free speech too. When he signs something that prohibits celebrities from speaking their mind then he's crossed the line.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Came here to say this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trump signing something that prohibits his own "celebrity" from speaking?

That'l be the day...

• Like Like x 1
  6. I can understand everybody not standing during the anthem or not showing respect to the flag. If I was a black American I'd do the same. When watching soccer matches though I'm singing the German anthem louder than anyone else and drop plenty of racist comments during the match. Sport should stay fun and not become political. It's 3 hours a week to dress stupidly beat the shit outta each other and get drunk beyond comparison.

Oh and I'm gonna continue watching nfl no matter how many dudes are sitting or spitting on flag and anthem

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Donald is in of this favorite places, in front of adoring fans roaring their approval at his every statement. Some one said the fall of America will come from within by someone wrapped in the Constitution, carrying a Bible. Don knew where he was at, it's one of the more backward areas of the country where God, Guns and Gay issues still rule over the NFL or the NBA with Don's crowd at least. Don will say anything to get an applause. No twisted knickers here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dumb, more players are gonna kneel now if anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. They are killing the goose that lays the golden eggs ratings down 15 % this year off 25% since they started taking a knee now, Trump nation will turn it off

10. The thing is they're not pissing on the country. They're just bringing attention to the fact that black people get treated differently in this country.

USA has been pissing on black people since before their was even a USA. Slavers created this country. This ingrained a culture of hate and racism that has gone on for over 200 years.

Two generations ago black people were segregated, they were getting hosed down for protesting, dogs sicced on then. That's really not that long ago. The people who run this country, Trump, Feinstein, Pelosi, Pence, that was their glory days, their prime.

Hell just 20 years ago they were beating black people senseless and getting away with it. Still do to this day.

My point really is that this is America, and this is their God-given right to stand or sit. It's called the 1st amendment. Are you standing at attention when you're watching the game at home? Didn't this country give you the money to watch a football game? Look at the crowd, this great country gives them the money to go to games like this. Yet most people are boozed up, buying overpriced snacks, yelling, sittin or talking amongst themselves. Nobody even gives a shit, well until some black people want to point out discrimination that is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. No, this is the president clearly making a statement against free speech.

He did no such thing when Nazis were holding their rallies. Then we have 70 pages, where "defenders of the free speech" bent ass backwards to show their love for white supremacists and their rights to freedom of expression.

The same trump supporters are now quiet as though the supreme leader did not just suggest that people should be fired for the freedom of expression.

I guess trump is just a snowflake who doesn't respect the constitution nor the freedom of speech.

And you're suggesting that he needs to "sign something"... ? He signed his tweets.

And he put a stamp of approval on his speech.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. I don't know about Pence but you can call Nancy and Dee a lot of thing but they are not segregationists. Look no further than Don and his daddy, Fred and Fred's connection with the Klan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I'm just saying that in their youth, segregation was normal. That it really wasn't that long ago.

14. "Trump nation" has zero effect on the NFL earnings.

NFL will reach $14 billion in 2017 revenue

The bad press has more to do with all the talk about brain injury and long term damage.

... But you seem to be more concerned with the ratings, than our president's disrespect for the constitution, not really the point here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. You're still a generation off. All three of these people were kids when the Civil Rights struggle was going on.

16. As long as he doesn't act on it he can say whatever asinine shit he wants and I will continue to sit with these over paid sports guys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. i'd fire any player if i owned a team that took a knee.....

it's a privatlly owned franchise. you can be fired for any reason the owner seems fit.... so many people in this country thinks you have the right to work...

well your boss has the right to fire you if he dont like the way you are performing,,

and to anyone who dont like the way this country may be treating them.. has the right to get the fuck out... so if you think your oppreseed then fucking leave<----------.. otherwise shut the fuck up... and do your job, which is to play football.... not disrespect the flag,

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. The OWNERS, Back the Players.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Can we please stop with this bullshit strawman. No one is saying trump doesn't get to speak or have the right to free speech. The first amendment does not protect you from others criticizing your speech. It simply prevents the government from taking action against you for your speech. Nobody is arguing that he shouldn't be able to say stupid shit. People are arguing that what he said is idiotic and that they disagree with it not that he didn't have the right to say it

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Everyone wants to push the narrative that this is causing decreases in NFL ratings. Ignoring the fact that the decrease in NFL ratings is almost perfectly correlated with the decrease in cable subscribers overall. Almost all major sporting events and tv shows are taking huge hits in ratings because cable is losing consistently a shitload of subscribers. I'm sure some of the downturn is due to this protest but probably pretty minimal compared to people just cutting the cord. I doubt many hardcore fans were really so put off by a couple players kneeling that they would stop watching a game they've loved for so long.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1