Trump to lift limits on military equipment to local police

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Aug 28, 2017.

1. And here comes more of the fascist police state.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration is preparing to restore the flow of surplus military equipment to local law enforcement agencies under a program that had been sharply curtailed amid an outcry over police use of armored vehicles and other war-fighting gear to confront protesters.

Documents obtained by The Associated Press indicate President Donald Trump plans to sign an executive order undoing an Obama administration directive that restricted police agencies' access to the gear that includes grenade launchers, bullet-proof vests, riot shields, firearms and ammunition.

Trump's order would fully restore the program under which "assets that would otherwise be scrapped can be repurposed to help state, local, and tribal law enforcement better protect public safety and reduce crime," according to the documents.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions could outline the changes during a Monday speech to the national conference of the Fraternal Order of Police in Nashville, Tennessee, a person familiar with the matter said. The person insisted on anonymity to discuss the plan ahead of an official announcement.

more...Trump prepares to lift limits on military gear for police

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. The police will need more firepower on the street, once the Right finally destroys the social safety net. It's a 100% guarantee there will be more robberies and murders. Societal breakdowns aren't pretty.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. The police will need more firepower on the street, once Antifa & Black lives Matter finally destroys the social safety net. It's a 100% guarantee there will be more robberies and murders. Societal breakdowns aren't pretty
    Hmm

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. If anything we need to demilitarize the police

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. The cops can't break up food riots under armed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'm all for them getting better equipment to manage all of the shit that is more common in today rather than what was common or the exception 20 years ago, but we can't allow the police to become more armed and equiped than our own military.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I don't see what's wrong with the bullet proof vests or riot shields, especially with the shit going on with neo-Nazis and Antifa. Hell, I can see why they'd need the rest too.

The US military is the most violent entity in the world and needs to be <10% of its current size. We have home-grown terrorists that need dealing with rather than creating more abroad (which the orange menace seems to love doing anyway, but that's a story for another time).

10. I'm listening to Jeff Sessions speak to the Fraternal Order of Police right now. He's selling Trump's executive order by stating that this would provide safety equipment (equipment they already have) but also armored vehicles and helicopters and camouflage uniforms from the military. Sounds like government tyranny to me. They know the middle class is pissed. An uprising could spark at any moment, but they (the established elite) won't change their policies to help the middle class. Just more fascist government control. More war on drugs. More war in the Middle East. And more status quo from federal policy makers benefiting their donors. Everybody's woke to this shit and tired of it. I mean fuck man, the Pentagon accounting office reported in the summer of 2016 that they don't know where 6.5 trillion dollars went for fiscal year 2015.. That's with a T dude. That's 6,500,000 million dollars. Yeah but we can't afford healthcare for our own people? But Trump wants to increase military spending by another 500 billion dollars. Fuck man, the government has a dick in you mouth and your ass and still takes your money, then beats you over the head with a night stick because you're out past curfew. Fuck'em.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. A speech written by the military industrial complex. Take it away Jeffrey...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. And some people wonder why some of us take issue with taxes. Fuck the federal government.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. why are you all worried about the cop's having all this military type equipment,?
    im sure it wont be brought out on your common burgular. or a hoe trying to make a buck... or a drug dealer on the corner,,,, or a guy robbing a licquor store,,,,,

but for a bank robber that has hostages. it may and will be brought out...and i'll guarantee you that if YOU. were one of them hostages in there. with your knees shaking and about to piss on yourself,,,,you'd be SO GLAD to see that heavilly armored vehicle with it's battering ram come around the corner<----------------

or if some crazed escape inmate.... being chased by the law. ran up in your house. and was holding your family hostage... youd be glad to see the police with that militarized equipment,,,

if any of you on here. trully keep up with whats happening. you'd know that there has been prayer rugs and korans found in the desert that il-legal mexicans cross thru daily. sleeper cells of our enemy are using the most easiest route to get into our country... just cross like a mexican.. works everytime,

yet all i see is a bunch of bitching because sheriff aparo wants to search people and racially identify them... you can stand a ARAB beside a mexican if they are dressed alike and i cant tell them apart CAN YOU <----------------

sometimes you guys should really think about REALITTY.. instead of emotion.... emotions when dealing with love.. just breaks your heart,,,,, using emotions when your life may and could be on the line.. will get you killed.

the homeland i think is in real trouble. if a lot of attacks happened all at once... and threw our society in a 2 week spiral. most of the people i believe would perish. because they dont know how to take care of thierselves, and we all know. that the jihadist is capable of doing a planned ;; massive '' attack using multiple focus points. to strike thier target.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

only those that deserve and have earned the right to see this equipment will ever see it... most of you.. will be on the sideline filming it, and getting a selfie.
    which is why the U.S. should be like germany.. at age 18 YOU WILL DO 2 YEARS IN THE GERMAN MILITARY,,,,no exeptions...

i believe we as a country... would have bigger BALL'S. if that was our law. but sadlly it is not, and thus we are stuck. with snowflakes..... that freak out. because the cops may be a little more armed than the crook.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. It sounds to me like you bought into the fear mongering the MSM pushes on the daily. You know more people have died in auto accidents then every war America has been in? Do you know we have roughly 310 million registered guns in America? That's nearly a gun for every man, woman, and child. Not to mention the unregistered guns and the guns that keep rolling off the assembly line. What the fuck you scared of Chicken? Wake up dude. They got you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Lol. Worried cops will be carrying nuclear weapons around? Police will never be armed like our army. Make a rational statement. Please do exaggerate, this is why police are being shot in the streets execution style.

• Disagree Disagree x 3

16. and your point is,???

your rant makes no sense,,,, but at least your sticking to the talking points...

why dont you throw that '' russia'' thing my way? oh yeah that book had no beginning or end didnt it... just like your post<-------------------

17. Take that moronic shit somewhere else. You know exactly what the fuck I meant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Come on dude, you can't be that dense. Read the first sentence. The point is fear mongering. The cops don't need that shit just like the pentagon doesn't need trillions of dollars to misplace. They try to scare you to believe you need them. Truth is they need us to buy their shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Lol you're filled with hate. Troll America an Trump like the media is doing. Antifa, black lives matter an the left are the real threats. Middle class wants you girls to stop crying and be thankful the many blessings this beautiful country has bestowed upon your life. Stop crying.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Stop exaggerating...

• Disagree Disagree x 2