Trump Proposes "Solar-Panel Wall"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jane_Bellamont, Jun 23, 2017.

1. You need to apply, get a background check and give an interview. You can't just drive up to the border.

Visa overstay has only recently outpaced border jumpers because of the increased investment on border patrol. A glorious solar wall could reduce spending over time.

2. Just because I'm curious-

What would stop people from tagging the solar panels and blocking out the sunlight?

Another wall or a moat?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was talking about walking/driving over the border at undefended points, but point taken.

When it comes to spending though, a wall certainly won't reduce overall spending on border security. A wall needs to be maintained and defended to be any use. That's my main criticism of it.

4. I am calling Fake News. It was 45% back in 2006.

Nearly Half of Illegal Immigrants Overstay Visas
    June 14, 20064:00 PM ET
    Heard on All Things Considered
    TED ROBBINS

Many immigrants who are in the United States illegally never jumped a fence, hiked through the desert or paid anyone to help them sneak into the country. According to a recent study, 45 percent of illegal immigrants came here on a legal visa, and then overstayed that visa. NPR's Ted Robbins reports on the massive visa overstay problem and what the federal government is doing to deal with this aspect of the illegal immigrant issue.

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. We just build towers where you can hunt illegals problem solved

6. Well, nobody here has complemented my mural

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. 9 years is a nearly a decade, not really recent, after all did you consider Obama's presidency a long time? :laughing:

Crossing did get harder and the numbers have been falling for years. That is a point when we have been discussing the wall.

8. This is hardly an issue to get rah-rah Fake News about. The vast majority of people who care about illegal immigration don't care about how the illegals got there. They are simply interested in getting them the fk out and keeping future ones from coming in.

9. Well since the thread is about the WALL...

• Like Like x 1
  10. We dont need a wall just deny anyone who doesnt have a ssn or cash in hand healthcare. No more banks giving loans to illegals. No more food stamps ect.