Trump Proposes "Solar-Panel Wall"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jane_Bellamont, Jun 23, 2017.

1. If Trump really wants liberals to support his wall he just needs to re-brand it as an art installation...hire up every jobless art history major to paint a section CCC style.

• Like Like x 3
  2. We want a quality wall not a bunch of millennial who need a safe place....

3. If Trump want's liberals to support his wall he needs to stop using deceptive and incorrect arguments such as "Mexico is the second most dangerous place in the world" and start being honest for a change. When you use statistics in a deceptive manor you create issues. It paints the picture that he's either too dumb to understand math (which I highly doubt) or just plain dishonest. Neither scenario will win over his detractors.

4. what an idiot. The Mexicans will steal them. Then they will hop the wall and sell them back to the USA lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mexico is one of the most dangerous places on Earth though.

Almost 10,000 murdered so far this year. 2000+ alone in May

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Wow.

I obviously knew Mexico can get rough with the crime, but I had no idea it was that bad this year. Had to look it up

Mexico's unrelenting violence is climbing to new highs

upload_2017-6-24_11-36-16.png

Just make sure you don't dare suggest that there are ANY bad hombres down there. That's considered racist today :roflmao:.

7. In Central America alone you have countries such as Belieze, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatamala, all which have a greater homicide rate per 100,000 (the actual way we look at such things) than Mexico. Therefore claiming they are the second most dangerous country in the world is bullshit.

Don't mistake my pointing out his claim is bullshit for not recognizing that Mexico is on our doorstep and has a homicide rate of somewhere near 20 per 100,000 people.

But why say they are the second most dangerous country in the world when they are not? I understand he said it because he likes to infect people's minds with sensationalist claims. He knows when he tweets things people who do not bother looking into his claims will repeat them.

Why not just be honest with the stats? They are bad enough to justify what he wants anyway for many people. My point is you can't gain trust with deception. I look at his way of lying and know he is no more honest than any of the other assholes that came before him.

8. #48 Praetorian, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    That statistic can easily be derived from Mexico's geographical location. Not just its individual murder rate.

What you said about South America is true. A lot of countries down there are worse off than Mexico.
    The issue is, all the bad hombres from those countries tend to come in through Mexico.

Mexico may not lead in murder stats alone, but its location bumps it up in danger. No one is worried about killers, etc. illegally immigrating directly from El Salvador, since El Salvador is 2000 miles away. Ciudad Juarez Mexico, on the other hand is only 7 miles from El Paso, Texas.
    Because of its location, Mexico will always be pivotal in deflecting a lot of South American crime from the United States. If handled poorly, it can easily get very dangerous. Hardcore South American crime is on another level.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I guess we need a wall to keep those people out then..

10. Ah, I must be racist, a trump supporter, and in favor of the wall because I said it's very likely they would be damaged? Logical.

11. Well that might make it more economical, but it's still a retarded idea. The chances are, it will never happen at all. It's a much longer border than most people seem to think, and it covers a ton of harsh terrain that would make construction and maintenance more difficult. And again, it doesn't solve the most common way people sneak into the US, by overstaying travel visas.

You would be building a giant wall only to let people you are trying to keep out through it (or letting them fly over it). Solar panels don't change the fact that it's the most impractical idea ever.

• Like Like x 1
  12. But...what about the lasers? Did you read about the lasers?

13. Maybe we should consider putting treadmill-ladders on the wall so that people trying to climb the wall will generate electricity. All that electricity generated will mean that Mexico will pay less. If they generate enough they can pay off the Mexican Wall-debt.

Maybe we can put bicycle-generators at all overseas US customs offices and ports of entry so that people can pay for their extreme vetting too. Why should we pay for it?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trumps "wall" will never happen until the US Congress seems fit to allow the necessary expenditure...

Congress controls spending. Not the POTUS.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Solar panels are not strong enough to withstand baseball size rocks. Hell even acorns can scratch panels reducing their efficiency. Hail commonly breaks panels.

:Smoke:

16. Have u seen the the tesla roof shingle s

17. Never walk on solar panels unless you absolutely must. You have to protect them at all costs. If you have to walk on them, try to avoid their ends, because they are the most breakable part.

I don't believe those more expensive panels would hold up well either. $42 per square foot, allegedly they could withstand a small hail incident of up to 100MPH, not too shabby.

:smoke:

18. I think for this year Mexico is out gaining them there. I mean 10,000 in six months? Imagine if America or any other country had that it'd be crazy.

Anyways, when did Trump mention stats? He said 2nd most dangerous but how do you quantify that? More then just murders I reckon. I'd honestly put them 1st over Syria just because of El Chapo being in custody and everybody fighting for his turf(and CIA connections)

It's been a dangerous place for a while now, if you don't have money you're kinda screwed traveling through that country. Especially if you're American they'll kidnap you untill you're family pays a ransom. Whether it's Federalis, Military, Narcos, or good old fashioned warlords. Those poor people that live there are getting it from all sides.

19. Bad hombres can't get travel visas.

20. The ones with no criminal record probably could. When you think about it, it makes sense that overstaying is the most common way to break immigration law. Why would you try to run the border in some god forsaken desert area when you can tell the border cops "I'm here for a wedding" and then just miss your flight home?

If they wanted to crack down on immigration, restricting temporary visas would probably work better than building a gigantic modern day Hadrian's Wall.

• Like Like x 1