True friendship is only possible if you go through hell together?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tomason, May 31, 2012.

1. Sup Blades,

I wonder if true firendship only possible if you go through bad times together. If you went to war together or if you had to struggle with other stuff in life, it doesn't really matter what, there is a way deeper bonding as in our modern western world.

Its not like my friends betray me, actually I never had friends pull any crap on me like that, but I think sometimes our life is too good/too easy to find REAL friends.

Is my brain again having thought diarrhea or might I be right with this? :smoke:

2. "People who suffer together usually have stronger connections than people who are most content"- Bob Dylan:smoke:

3. My best friend is the only girl in this world, aside from blood, that I'd give anything to.

We've been through all of it together.

I think without those times we wouldn't appreciate the bond we have as much.

4. Me and my best friend go way back, her parents litterally fought over her at night in the ally between our homes (she lived behind me across the little ally) my parents would take her in and she would sleep on the day-bed in my play room.

I remember so clearly, we were 6 and I woke up for some reason. Well I guess her parents had been fighting again and when I walked into my play room she was sleeping on the bed. I tapped her on the shoulder and she says "mommy?". I grabbed her and hugged her and we fell asleep hugging.

Shes the reason when my parents split up they never fought over me. Because of what she went through they wouldn't do the same to me. She is really the only girl I get along with.

We are two VERY different people, who under normal circumstances would never be friends. Shes the girly girl and I'm the video game playing stoner girl. But because of what she went through, we shared EVERYTHING! And still do, I moved away from home and have been gone 4 years, we are still best friends, shes the God mother of my baby boy, and shes the best friend I could ask for. I don't think we would have still been friends if we hadn't gone through what we did together, it really did bond us even though we were and still are very two different people.

5. I just coughed spit all over my screen but it's drying

6. Man, I've been through just about everything with my two best friends.

They are the only two friends of mine that I can ever truly count on.

7. Sniper, my friend and I are the same way.

She's hot, typical party girl. She grew up in a really bad way, but I think I was her escape from alcoholic parents and a criminal brother.

I had parents who were together, a large house and not a care in the world... the opposite of what she had. Oh yeah and I was totally not hot and fat. lol

But she completes me.

We got into a fight, didn't talk for 5 months... I found out my sister had cancer, told her right away and she was at my house the next morning.

Then she made some decisions I was very much against, and I'll admit I did something I probably shouldn't have. Anyway, words were said and we didn't talk for almost a year.

She sent me a message 5 months ago to confess that she was pregnant and really scared.

BAM! I'm here for it. :)

Idk, having a friend you know loves you enough to always be there, and forgive you, is great. It's better then family because you chose each other, ya know?

Yeah, now my sappy girl shit is over. I just <3 her.

8. It's not only possible to achieve 'true friendship' (whatever your definition of that happens to be) that way. I think that type of bond is unique in it's own fashion regardless. You couldn't attain that unique bond without the joint suffering. But you can/could still find true friendship without suffering.