Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

True Durban Poison

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by DurbanPoisonQueen, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Most of dutch passions gear is disappointing honestly imo. They copy a lot of dj shorts work and strains, some have said that dj gave them permission to sell his gear and shit but idk if thats true then they're gear would be more stable. Their blueberry smells nice and has ok potency but hermies like fuck

Only strains i can say ive enjoyed from DP is durban poison and frisian dew both of which did excellent outdoors with okay potency and yields

2. @[member="tstick"] I guess it makes sense that it would smell and taste different in other places. It is grown outdoors in South Africa and Durban is especially a very hot and humid place, it easily get's to over 30 degrees celcius in Summer. So growing indoors and in a cooler climate could affect it. 

@[member="Sammyy"] Glad to hear another person experience the candy tasting flavour of Durban Poison that I know so well :) I'd love to try order some stuff online, perhaps try one of the strains that Americans love so much, but I'm paranoid I'll get caught. 

3. New Zealand has pretty relaxed marijuana laws if im not mistaken? Certainly more relaxed than the us except in places like norcal, but a majority of us arent in those areas...ordering seeds and growing out your own is a good way to go. I recommend herbies or attitude for ordering seeds online. You could even order durban poison, grow it yourself and see how you like it. Although i would grow more than just 1 as theres different phenotypes so one could have that candy smell, one could be licorice ect thats just how it is with seeds

If you chose that route and you found a pheno of durban you enjoy you could always just clone it and make it a mother and keep taking clones then bang! You'll always have that durban that you love. Its very safe ordering seeds online, i would rather not disclose my exact location but ill just say i live in a state where just one of my good size outdoor plants would get me a couple years in prison since they weigh the whole plant here..and ive never had a problem

Woah $15 for a q :eek: . Q's run $100-$120 here in South Jersey.

TRU!!!!!!

6. #26 DurbanPoisonQueen, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    Yeah but I've never grown a plant in my life. I dunno if I could pull it off. Also not sure where exactly I'd grow it. I live in an apartment building though my unit is actually just a bedroom and a bathroom. My only option would be growing it in one of my cupboards. One is about a little less than a metre squared and the other is about a metre and a half width and a little less than a metre length. I'm curious to know how much it would smell. I'm assuming quite a bit. Hmm. I'd try Durban Poison from Dutch Passion since you say it has the candy taste. Another issue is whether seed sellers even sell to New Zealand. I know on Amazon a lot of the stuff I want doesn't ship to here. Do you ship seeds to your house or to a PO Box?

7. I'm not necessarily refuting what you're saying, but you say you lived there and smoked this herb UNTIL age 18. how old are you now?

cause like when I was 14 and smoking, I got absolutely ripped every time, it was amazing. hard to believe that I'm even smoking the same plant I was back the, now even if I sat down and literally smoked my whole stash I wouldn't get as high as I used to. it just has to do with the novelty of the experience, coupled with the overall 'whooooooooooaaaaaa' factor of being young(er). not to mention you were smoking a landrace sativa, which are responsible for 'psychedelic' highs as it is. Shit, I remember getting green crack for the first time, doming a fat blunt to  myself and loving it so much... getting really high on sativa as a newbie is the shit. I was incredibly high, but awake and giggly and happy. my 0.02

also, girl in your avatar is gorgeous, if that's you nice job

8. Well for durban i would recommend waiting till summer and growing outdoors, a large sativa in a small cupboard wouldnt really play out all that well. I order seeds right to my house.

9. Maybe it could be that I am getting older. I am 22 now. But yeah there was maybe a month difference between going from Durban Poison to going to the no name brand (not a bad thing, there just genuinely is never a name to whatever you get here) stuff here in New Zealand. Granted an indica and a sativa give very different highs but still. It's not like the indica's I've had here made me unable to move and totally zoned out or anything. I feel a difference but it's still a pretty mild high. And thank you, that is me in the avatar and cover pic on my profile. If by any chance you want to see more there are loads of me on my tumblr, link is on my profile. Once on my tumblr just click the Pics link. 

10. And rememer i said a pheno of dutch passions durban had that candy smell..not all of them so you would probably need to grow out a couple to find it

11. There is no where outdoors for me to grow it. Any suggestions on what would grow well in a cupboard, if anything? And again, what about the smell though? 

12. I mean you could really grow any plant in the cupboards but for a sativa youre going to need to keep it short by doing things like lst. The smell is strain dependent but indoors the smell is always pretty much steong. Carbon filter will eliminate amell and look up ona gel.

13. I have tried the real deal durban poison and I agree with OP.

This was a true authentic land trace sativa.  It is a total different high.  It's really clear and your mind isn't foggy while high. 

You get the pressure of the classic sativa head band.  Good enjoyable high.

I have had similar highs from organic land trace sativas from hash made from SE Asia as well.

14. #34 Ottuh, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
    Huge Durban Poison Fan, here.

Say what you will, it's a nice unique high, and I've never gotten a bag of it I didn't like.

Maybe the strain Durban Poison isn't quite the same genetic as the weed actually native to Durban. That's probably what's goin on here.

It may not have the intensity of Headband, but come on it's a good strain.

15. I grew a seed i found in a durban poison nug from the dispensary and when it was flowering it Had a very sweet menthol skunk smell to it. Havent smelled it again ever

I shoulda cloned her
    Whether or not it was durban poison that bud was very good

16. The weed native to Durban is Durban Poison, hence the name. I have heard people talk about a weed called Durban but I don't know if it is the same as Durban Poison. I feel if the licorice or lavender version of Durban Poison can be proved to be genetically different or something then the name should be changed. 

Yay :) I could also smoke Durban Poison straight as a joint, never had problems with coughing. Where as most New Zealand stuff makes me cough like hell even if it's in a spliff. 

17. Dont care about strain names if its good, its good. End of story.

Sent from my SCH-R820 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #38 PhilthyPhil, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
    Ive grown durban posion from seed, and it had a fruity smell and very dark lush green and bright orange hairs, was a ridiculously long 13 week flower, super sativa. Who knows if it was the original but its a good sativa but there are def just as good if not better sativas ive had, would love a real cutting from south africa to grow indoors :)

19. I've had Durban from South Africa and it was very different. Smoke too much and you'll get paranoid, like tinfoil helmet paranoid. Smoked in moderation, it very enjoyable, I remember it tasting sweet, not quite like a purple but in the ballpark, and me having just mental "clarity" for a while, and feeling really upbeat. Man, I wish I had some of that right now!

20. #40 DurbanPoisonQueen, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    Wow I just read the biggest load of crap about Durban Poison on http://www.marijuanastrains.com/durbanpoison.html

"Durban Poison Marijuana
    Crystal Marijuana is White widow crossed with Northern lights. You get a bushy plant with large sticky buds. The Chrystal bud smell is a candy sweet aroma which adds to the good cerebral high. As the name suggests the buds are covered in THC glands. This gives an unusually clear buzz and a slightly delayed effect. Winner of the Highlife Cup in 2002!
    10 seeds = 35.00
    Durban Poison Marijuana Plant Description:
    Indoor / Outdoor 
    Type : Indica - Sativa mix 
    Yield : up to 150 grams (indoor) / up to 700 grams (outdoor) 
    Height : 100-110 cm (indoor) / 190-225 cm (outdoor) 
    Climate : indoor or outdoor 
    Flowering period 9 wk's 
    Harvest: end of Sept."

Um yeah na. NOT a White Widow Northern Lights cross, not an indica sativa hybrid. Durban Poison prefers growing outdoors. The HighLife Cup part and candy sweet aroma part is true but not much else.  :mad: Can anyone find a way to contact the people that run this site? I can't seem to find contact info but spreading blatantly wrong info like that is ridiculous.