True detective

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by boydamien, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Anyone else enjoy the first season?

Just finished watching it. Pretty dark undertones,but well worth a watch

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Very good watch, I don't think ill be able to watch season two with Matt or Woody though.

Sent from a Pineapple under the Sea.

3. Why?

4. I loved that series - except for the ending.
    It was unsatisfying to say the least, but the rest was so good, it doesn't really matter.

I thought Matthew & Woody weren't going to be in Season 2?

Off to Google season 2 ....

~~sherry

5. Oh if they arent in the new season,i dont think i will watch it

6. good show.

from what i heard the seasons aren't connected with one another. maybe i'm wrong... still i'll watch season 2 regardless of who's in it.

7. Season 1 was great,great story,great actors and great ending.

Waiting on season 2,I think Colin Farrell will be the protagonist and Vince Vaughn the villain.

8. #8 Vicious, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    Found this show and immediately watched it. Solid 9-10/10 show. There is so, so much hidden symbolism. The characters, their development and the banter is absolutely top tier. I could go on and on about the writing as well. One thing it seems many people overlook are very subtle but deep Lovecraftian lore. The Yellow King for example plus many of the motifs and themes mirror Lovecraft's. Another thing that makes it great is that it takes non-fiction, murders that really happened in that area in that time and presented them in a way that was nearly sureal, unbelievable yet something that isn't surprising. In the conspiracy community it is no secret the elites do occult rituals and very often come up with child sexual abuse scandals. Anybody that is interested can look into Pedowood.

Again, 10/10 series for me. Objective criticism, 9.5/10. Best show I've seen in a while. One of the best detective series I've seen period. I liked it even more than Sherlock but in a different vein. I'm optimistically skeptical about the second season given the casting.

HBO is really on a roll. They've been pushing out good shows for a while. I've enjoyed their stuff quite a bit since Rome. Their Scientology documentary recently was also bomb.

9. Soon as I finished it, I felt compelled to watch it again[​IMG]

Such a great piece of television. Slightly disappointed to hear it will be a completely different story next time round, but they'll probably still get it spot on.

10. First season was the tits. One of the best things I have ever seen. The second season concerns me a bit what with the recent casting announcements and the fact that the director is not coming back. I am still hopeful though.

On a related note the director of the first season isn't returning to the show because he is directing his own version of Stephen King's It. Should be terrifying!

11. #11 Oni~, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
    Figures Vicious and Travilanche would love this.   On the same frequency gentlemen.

Easily one of the most powerful things I have ever seen, and I've seen and done some stuff.

This scene did me in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8x73UW8Hjk

Word around the camp fire is that this is the book it was based on.    It is the first book I have ever encountered that I feel intimidated by.   If it is what the reviews say it is, it might just have the chance to intellectually fuck you up.  Emo you out by actually making sense of very dark nihilism and hopelessness.     I have not read it so I'm not saying that is what it is, but that is the impression I got from the reviews.

[​IMG]

Good video highlighting most of the philosophy, good editing, couldn't show it to anyone that hasn't seen it cause of spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4-PiMdhcoc

Got a couple other series I'm about to tackle. Going to rewatch Generation Kill which is one of my favorite series, it's a war series but entirely slice of life and about character development and reaction, true story about a company of Recon Marines that invaded the clusterfuck of the start of Iraq. I just got to the second season of Strike Back which I enjoyed thoroughly, also plan on checking out Deadwood and maybe Justified.

13. Deadwood and Justified are fantastic. And Justified has some of the same actors as Deadwood throughout the series. Justified also has dialogue that would make William Shakespeare jealous. I highly recommend it.

14. man im ready for this new season

15. #15 As Above So Below, May 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
    Couldn't get past the first episode... Way too much talking. If I want something "philosophical" I'll pick up a book...

I watched the first episode minutes after it came out , bored out of my mind.

16. Season 1 was great,great story,great actors and great ending.