True Color Cfl HELP!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ILLESTG35, Dec 9, 2010.

1. hey everyone new to grasscity, loving it so far. I'm currently building my pc grow box, I just received a flash cobra feminized seed. (auto flower) I'm going with 4 cfls, but couldn't find the right ones. So I picked up 4 Eco smart Full spectrum 27watt (100 watt) 1400 lumens. Is this sufficient lighting for a 24 hr light cycle grow? If not what do you recommend? :)

2. I really hope somebody answers your question I am also going to start a small cfl grow and do not know how much light I need.

3. Come on guys! it says it simulates daylight and its the full spectrum! is this good or not?!!!:eek:

4. When using CFL's its about two things.... WATTS and KELVIN

you always need 100 actual watts per plant not replacement... so if you use the 23 watt bulbs your going to need four of them... minimum per plant

then on to kelvin... just saying its a daylight bulb is not usually enough for most people to sit down and say "hey thats a great purchase" the bulb you posted about here is considered a daylight bulb.. notice the kelvin rating.. 5500... its a pretty good bulb for vegging your plant.. i would get them

but note you need two types of cfl's to grow with(in most cases)

2700K(also known as soft white) and 5700K(also known as daylight)

the 2700 is for flowering and the 5700 is for vegging

you can use only the 2700... but your yield will suffer... so....

use the 5700k to veg for about a month or so, then switch over to the 2700 to induce flower...

try to get as close to these numbers as you can...

5. Basicly 6500k for Veg and 2700k for flower.

6. #6 ILLESTG35, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
    Thank you sooo much!!!! just about finished with my pc build. You guys are a great help!

7. uh yeah.. thanks for posting that... my bad.. i was in a rush.. miss quoted numbers