TroyBoys First Grow Just So You Know...

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by foxshift18, May 23, 2011.

1. #1 foxshift18, May 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
    Well it took my Blue Mystic seed almost a week to germinate. Planted it and it took 4 days now to start to sprout. I'm going to post all my pics. Please feel free to comment. I want to make sure i'm doing this properly.

Does this sprout look alright so far to you? It just barely started.

Attached Files:

2. #2 foxshift18, May 23, 2011
    light setup

Attached Files:

3. #3 foxshift18, May 23, 2011
    exhaust fan and intake

Attached Files:

4. I am running my exhaust fan from my bedroom into my living room through where my cable runs into the living room. all I had to do was punch a small hole and run the 4 pin cable to my computer power supply. I plan on getting a molex 4 to 3 pin adapter so I can run the fan directly to my motherboard to control the fan speed.

Attached Files:

5. Just picked up a USB thermometer off ebay. I will be able to see the temperature of my grow room through my computer and control my exhaust fan accordingly. Also I can get email updates of my grow room temperature. :) Oh how I love technology.

6. Looking good. Small sprout but a sprout nonetheless!

7. Ya i checked it 2 hours ago and nothing. then checked 1 hour later and boom!

8. #8 foxshift18, May 23, 2011
    update 1 hour from last post.

Attached Files:

9. #9 foxshift18, May 23, 2011
    update this morning.

Attached Files:

10. day 6 update. well i have some fungas knats prob due to the organic soil, gonna go to Home Depot and raise some hell possibly and get my money back lol. Most of the knats are gone, they ended up drowning in the container of water i had in there for humidity reasons.

Attached Files:

11. does anyone know if my plant is doing well for day 6?

12. Day 8. I noticed some leaves that have brown spots. Does anyone know what has caused this? I was thinking some kind of defeciency but not sure.

Attached Files:

13. Make sure your CFLs are horizontal and not vertical.

14. ya kinda too late for me now. :( still have 6 23 watt cfls. gonna add another 2 on a Y adapter for some side light when i start LST. Do you know why my leaves almost look burnt? is it from heat stress? my temperature is at 31 C today...seems a little high.

15. that is a little high. I'm only running 2 lights right now and my temps are about 29 C.

16. ya not sure whats going on. i lowered my plant incase it was from lights too close. thinkin it may be heat stress too.

17. my usually temps are at 28-29 at all times

18. Temps at 85F should be fine. Just make sure that your CFL's aren't too close. Also, buy 3 Y splits for those 6 lights. It will give you better lighting.

19. Day 11

Attached Files:

20. The soil looks a little low in that pot. You might want to either transplant it to a pot filled with soil or if you can, put more soil in.