Trouble With Fan

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bluntfists, Jul 30, 2014.

1. ok guys so after I got back from work today I noticed the fan in my grow tent wasn't working. I opened up the tent and the temps were 91. the rest of the house was 75 so it was kind of high. Its a 6" 400 cfm fan on a speed control which I leave just a little above the lowest setting. which normally keeps the tent around 82-84 when its 75 in the house. The fan is currently on the same timer as the light is which is a 400watt Mh.

The light was on but the fan wasn't?! I had to unplug the fan from the timer and plug it into the constant outlet to get it running. now that it is running again it seems kind of loud and I have it on the same setting as before. the only difference is I cranked it all the way up for about 15 minutes to clear the heat out of the tent but since backed it down.

anyone else have this problem? Its a brand new fan, speed controller and timer strip. could it be possible I just have a lemon somewhere in the works? or maybe the power went out and the fan didn't kick back on but the light did? I am worried about letting it run now lol

2. also a lot of times like with timers they don't recommend plugging them into power surge strips, could be the fan was fluctuating power and overheated and shut down, like tenshuu stated ya might wanna have a back up fan just in case but I would just try running it on just a timer plugged straight into an outlet and see if it improves or at continues running normally, was there any other indication that your power went out ? if not then I would think strip....good luck