Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trouble with Edibles (in MCT Oil) Legally Sold

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bluntage, Jan 8, 2019.

1. I've been buying 30 mg/ml THC oil and I usually take a 225 mg THC dose every two days. Recently the oil I have been buying does nothing and I mean nothing. I took a whole bottle which is 1200 mg and I got a light buzz. I complained and exchanged it for different oil from the same company but I'm having the same problem.

I bought a different companies oil and it was fine but the next time I got it, it also did nothing which made me question if there really was something wrong with the other stuff.

Is it possible my tolerance is that high? Is it possible the oil is getting damaged during transport in extremely cold storage?

Thanks for the help!

2. I think it's tolerance. Some folks never seem to be affected while some of us have tolerances through the roof. One bottle of oil, maybe... different manufacturers- tolerance is more likely.

3. Thanks Joker. I definitely think that's part of it. I forgot to mention that I did smoke some too and that did get me high. I just normally avoid smoking or vaping because the effects only last about 30 mins.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I'm afraid it's time to buy a more concentrated oil but if you took the whole bottle and only got a light buzz your problem is probably more than tolerance. If your normal dose is 225mg and the bottle contains 1,200mg that's only 5 doses a bottle, do they come in 6 packs? I can't see how tolerance could affect you like this where you're regularly getting high on 225mg and suddenly even 1,200mg doesn't do it for you. There must be some center ground where you increase your dose slowly as your tolerance builds but I don't see where you experienced that. And cold doesn't affect the potency. Perhaps the guys making the oil were doing a bioassay and screwed it up? How are you measuring your dose? Something doesn't add up here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you Ed. I have a meeting with one of their managers in a couple days. The Bottles are 40 ml and I use a medicine measuring cup. Just looking for ammunition to have. I know the majority of the people that use this type of oil are only taking small doses and not trying to get high so I might be the only one complaining about it. Do you know if there is a limit to how cold it can be. It's very possible it was exposed to near -40 degrees.

6. Oil doesn't exactly freeze so I don't think the cold damaged it and I've never heard of oil losing it's potency because it got too cold. I hate to ask this but you're not talking about CBD oil, right? Hash oil is one of my long time interests so forgive my questions. If most people buying that oil aren't looking for a high and they take it in small amounts what are they trying to do? Microdose? If so, for what purpose? It sounds like 30mg/ml is pretty concentrated for microdosing and it's my impression that medical users take large amounts, not small amounts so I'm confused. Please let us know what they say after your meeting.

7. Edibles don't work for everyone. Edibles don't work for me personally. I have to smoke to get high

8. One of their reps called me on Thursday. They say the testing is done by a third party company. He also expected me to be contacted about it by another rep usually next day to confirm. That it's been longer than that tells me that it's probably a good thing. He told me the fines for incorrect labeling are really high so I'm hoping they will still be transparent about it.

9. They work for me just fine but I need around 250 to 300 mg.

10. I can eat an eddible and get so buzzed I can't see straight. Then eat the same eddible and feel nothing. I can't eat eddibles close together. I have to wait at least a month in between. I don't know why that is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I can get off about every 10 days.