trouble with clones aeroponics first try

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by xskycamefalling, Oct 3, 2012.

1. #1 xskycamefalling, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    ok so to start i made my own aeroponics cloner. i took clones from my mother outdoors on the 20th of September. the mother was healthy and i think is of a sativa strain.
    anyway i followed all the recomendatinos on taking a clone all but the rooting gel/powder i only did this with the last one that was taken on the 22 the rest i used honey. anyway as of today oct 3rd ive seen no root growth at all.. i guess i should say that im not using the collars i took the clones and put them into netcups and placed hydroten around them. anyway as of now where i made my cut is turning a little brown/yellow dosent look like mold more like a bruising or something noticed this about 7 days in... the clones themselves look healthy.
    only thing in my res is tap water phd to about 6-6.5 using the 3 drip vile so hard to be perfect but they look decently healthy 2 have a little purple showing on stem though and one now is starting to brown/yellow on the lower leaves. jw if this is normal and would it take longer than 2-3 weeks for them 2 even show sighns of starting to root.. if it helps the mother was just starting flower prolly about 2 weeks in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. #2 xskycamefalling, Oct 3, 2012
    ahh guess i should also mention my pump is on 24/7 water is staying below 75 though kinda cold up here and my water heater has been kicking on so i know the water isent overly warm. they are also under 2 4' floros with 1 6500k and 1 2700k light in each
    also my friend gave me a few seedlings he let go streched a bit. i through 2 of them into the netcups you should be able to see whats what but their in the front. just trying to find out if this is normal and if they look ok or if i should through them out and just put in the seedlings i got from my buddy

3. I think you put the rk in too soon..i use same net cup but i cut the bottom out use those neoprene inserts and stick the cut in that so now the wtr can spray on the cut directly unimpeded by the rk...make sure sprayers are spraying on the cut...roots pop out then put in different net with rk...i get roots in about a week...also use a whisper of root accelerator and ph is not important yet..straight tap is good

4. #4 xskycamefalling, Oct 4, 2012
    so you think its bc of the rock? not enough water getting 2 them cus its soaked and when i pull it out it drips out a good bit of water .. you think theirs any chance in saving them? say if i got insert now?
    thanks for the response though the pump im using is a 633 gph and their are 22 misters inside the unit so water shouldent be so much of a problem i nkow their getting wet..