Trouble sprouting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by axeldog13, Jan 25, 2014.

1. I have berry bomb and big head's silverback currently planted in their mediums. The germ went well for the berry bomb. 24 hours I had a half inch tap root showing. The silverback, however, had popped but no tap root. So I left them both on top of my cable box (for warmth) for another day. There was no change in either. I could see the tap root of the silverback. I didn't want to leave them exposed too long, so I planted both about knuckle deep in their medium, then watered until about 30% run off. Since then I've just left them alone. It's about 79f in their room. It's been about 3 days and I have no sprouts. What could be wrong? I adjusted the ph of the water and tested the soil prior to planting my babes. I assumed a rather quick sprout as the germ happened so quick. It just worries me that they kind of paused in the middle of their germ. Wasn't sure if that was normal. Advice? Tips?Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Here is my tent I built btw. I'm very proud. Cost about $20. 3x3x5Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Forgot to attach the picsSent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

4. nice tent.

5. #5 snoopdog6502, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    You may have planted a bit too deep and it will take a little while to pop. it will be fine, keep them warm, the cable box works great. I use one for my soaking routine. 24-36 and into the soil they go 1/4 inch deep. and kept warm for the first few weeks of life.

I like the DIY tent.

6. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19403133" timestamp="1390636231"]You may have planted a bit too deep and it will take a little while to pop. it will be fine, keep them warm, the cable box works great. I use one for my soaking routine. 24-36 and into the soil they go 1/4 inch deep. and kept warm for the first few weeks of life.[/quote] I'm worried I may have flipped the seed when I dropped it in. Or I may have packed too tight. I tried these new cardboard like pots for veg and it's actually drying out the soil pretty quick. It absorbs is and the heat dries it. Not sure if I like it or not Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

7. I didn't pack it very tight at all. Just very lightly. Honestly what worried me was the tap root not showing on the silverback. But the main reason for germ is just to help the seed to open right? I do have fat fingers so when I went knuckle deep it was a pretty wide crater in the medium. Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

they are just peat pots. Put a sandwich bag over the top till they sprout then get the bag off right away and let them have air.

9. Yo i would moisten the soil then plant. If u planted, and then watered to 30% run off, you drowned that fucker to the bottom. I bet its not knuckle deep anymore i would try to dig it up gently and make sure its at the top. Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. [quote name="punchreba" post="19403640" timestamp="1390653201"]Yo i would moisten the soil then plant. If u planted, and then watered to 30% run off, you drowned that fucker to the bottom. I bet its not knuckle deep anymore i would try to dig it up gently and make sure its at the top. Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]I did that with them both last night. I actually found the berry bomb. She was a little deep, but working her way up nicely. I saw the long white stem and was like oh shit. So I just barely covered the top of it back with the soil. The silverback though, I couldn't find it at all . I didn't want to dig too deep and break a root. Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19403158" timestamp="1390636711"]they are just peat pots. Put a sandwich bag over the top till they sprout then get the bag off right away and let them have air.[/quote]Is it possible to re germinate a seed? The one that was split a little when I planted, is still the same. Hopefully it isn't ruinwd. Idk what went wrong . It was popped but had no tap root and stayed like that for 2 days. So I planted. I didn't care for that strain anyway but still :/Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

not realy, just push the pot aside or put a new seed in the pot.

I grew a seed crop last spring of early blooming white Rhino that turned out to be fast growing, wickedly strong and an autoflower so if blooms under 24 hours of light. I got about 2,000 seeds and just plant more as they turn male or bloom out. He is what they grow up into.

These have 3 more weeks then its chop time.

Attached Files:

• buz1.jpg
      buz1.jpg
      File size:
      129.7 KB
      Views:
  13. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19404816" timestamp="1390673831"]not realy, just push the pot aside or put a new seed in the pot.I grew a seed crop last spring of early blooming white Rhino that turned out to be fast growing, wickedly strong and an autoflower so if blooms under 24 hours of light. I got about 2,000 seeds and just plant more as they turn male or bloom out. He is what they grow up into.These have 3 more weeks then its chop time.[/quote]That looks mighty tasty! Doing good there. I just replaced it with pineapple chunk. I'm still going to keep it wrapped up in the paper towel for a few days to see what happens. Who knows, right? Here is the seed it looks really dark in the pic but it's actually brown still. The root is still white. So we shall try it outSent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files: