Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trouble for MMJ in WA

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BA, Oct 28, 2011.

1. #1 BA, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
    I don't have an article or any sort of "proof" but I am close with a lot of people in the MMJ industry. Apparently the sheriff came into a majority of the shops in Pierce County and told them to shut down....I've heard the collective's in Tacoma and Seattle are still up and running but this is just bullshit

The sheriff made his visits on Thursday, October 27th and a lot of places are shutdown today. The friend that I talked to told me that he'll keep me posted

This shit is getting really old. Fuck you Obama

edit: i found an article. I hope the cops are just using fear tactics...

http://www.4evergreengroup.com/2011/10/collectives-ordered-closed-in-unincorporated-pierce-county/

2. Thanks for the info!

3. Don't feel alone folks the same thing is happening in California. So much for States Rights!

4. Same thing happened in Montana a few weeks ago. But... in Colorado they have issued a business license for a dispensary for the first time! So, don't get down.... keep fighting the fight!

5. This blows, I was considering moving in the Seattle area, I figure eventually this massive multi-state crackdown will go there too.

6. Hope to hear more about this. I heard a few of the State Senators actually want weed to be legal here in Washington but doesn't seem like they're doing much.

7. Yeah, this is really getting old. My favorite place just shut down. Time to find a new place in Tacoma now I guess. :(

8. what do u mean for the first time?

every dispenary int he state that is legal has a business license.

9. I know its not right but look at it this way, You could be sick (like my wife) and stuck in a state that will arrest you for just having seeds. If you have the laws in place then you can rest knowing you are in the right. I cannot rest because I know that there is always the possibility of "getting busted".

What I want to know is what kind of petitions and who do we need to start pushing to get med. laws in place in my state?

10. I talked to a few of the owners of the clubs that were forced to close...they are working with their lawyers.

My favorite collective told me that i'm one of their "valuable" customers so they will be able to get me what I need...apparently this 'shutdown' is just unincorporated pierce county. I have been living in Seattle the past 1.5 years but now i'm back in the Tacoma area so this kinda sucks :eek:

11. Anyone got any recommendations for places IN Tacoma since I'm gonna have to run over there now?

12. I'm going to be really bummed if anything happens to the MMJ law in Washington as I'm trying to move there next year so I can legally use it.

13. My neighbor works at Tacoma Farmacopia near 6th and Pearl. She treats us very well and has a good selection.

14. fuckin pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! end this baby back bullshit and get off my lawn!!!!!!

edit- thatd be cool if you kept us updated and let us know which places are bein raided.

15. (Sighs)...

For ever step forward, it feels like we have to take a step back. No matter what we get through, it never seems to hold.

16. [quote name='"BattleCreekPhil"'](Sighs)...

For ever step forward, it feels like we have to take a step back. No matter what we get through, it never seems to hold.[/quote]

Still moving ahead, just slowly.

17. MMJ is here to stay no doubt. It's just a matter of keeping dispensaries open.

18. Look, the cops did not go in and say shut down.

2 Places were not in compliance and were temporarily shut down.

The cops came in and did compliance checks. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this IMO. There are some dispensaries running that i rather would not be. Ones with dogs around the meds and just unsavory people in general. Some have other things going on.

The only ones visited were also ones outside of city limits. Most of the ones on Canyon and River Road were hit. Those inside city limits like Tacoma Cross, The Cure, Green Leaf etc are all fine and received no visit.

The place I frequent is not taking any new members until they redo some paperwork as suggested by the Sherrif.

It is my understanding that the Sherrifs were very polite and handled everything as responsibly as they knew how.

I'm not a fan of the Sherrifs being there at all, i knew when it happened the hour it happened and i was on the phone with the place i frequent within a few minutes.

So it sucks, but they were not busting anybody unless they were not compliant with the law, and if things were not quite right the sherrifs even suggested what needed to change.

It was action they felt they needed to take and they could have been far more aggressive than they were.

19. This!

Thanks for posting the information about what's going on. There had been quite a bit of misinformation going around about this. The one that I frequented is just moving to a new area but will open back up. I think I'll be trying out a new one this week.

You mind me asking you to recommend good places in the Tacoma/North Pierce County area?

20. Seattle has LEGALIZED dispensaries as much as they can by state law. The king county police chief and the mayor of seattle back the medical movement up here. We have nothing to worry about.