Trouble dialing in nutes

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by JJKV_Grows, Dec 14, 2018.

1. hey guys. First time hydro (DWC) ... running a white widow with Advanced Nutrients sensi grow. Has anyone used their nutrients? Also, how do you apply cal/mag? I feel like I’m off just a smidge. Some of my lower leaves are yellowing like nute burn.

We’re using tap water that has 160-180 ppm and after nutrients (Sensi grow a+b, B-52, terpinator, cal/mag) PPM’s are up around 800-1,000. 5 gallon DWC with about 4 gallons of water.

Help! Please! Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. One thing almost all nute companies have in common is that they recommend using too much fertilizer to increase their profits.
    If I go above 400 ppm it fries my plants in DWC.
    It's a different brand, but shouldn't matter.
    That's probably what's happening to you.

Subtract the tap water ppm from total ppm to get nute ppm.

3. Thanks! We cut back and did 1/4 the suggested strength and got the final ppm (Tap water included) to 600ppm.

Could high level of nutrients lead to being more prone root rot? We’re suffering from some root rot as well unfortunately

4. Above a certain point, near what the nute companies recommend, food becomes poison.
    That stresses the plants, and makes them more susceptible to everything.

I've started adding clorox every day to my large DWC reservoirs to keep root rot away.
    Apparently this is common practice among commercial crop growers, but is scoffed at in the MJ community.
    I add about 1 mL for every 12 gallons of reservoir fluid every day.
    Double or more might be needed to get rid of existing rot.

Most MJ growers prefer hydrogen peroxide.