Trouble configuring my room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by fatnorma, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Hey guys, so i just picked up a ton of new equipment for my new room that I'm starting up. I got 4 1000W Heavy Hitters, 2 8" fans, a filter and 4 ballasts. I'm doing this room in my garage, so I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to set everything up. I have the lights hung up (my hydro shop didn't have ratchets so they're up pretty high right now) but that's about it. I need to figure out how to run my fan through the lights and then the other fan through a filter and out the door. Also, I don't have any outlets in my garage, so if you guys could give some tips on how to get everything all plugged in, that would be awesome :love: I'll post some pictures tomorrow to give everyone a feel for what I'm working with.

2. #2 GOLDENBOY, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    Im going to say get your grow room wired. you spent lots of money on lots of equipment. if you have all that power running in extension cords you lose power for every 50 feet and you run the risk of fire because the wires get hot. cords always gets the hottest where you plug them in. Hire someone to run a 6 breaker 20-30 amp sub panel to your garage, that should all the power you will need.. 
    :hide:
    oh I use chains and homemade hooks for everything I hung up. much cheaper and works the same. I made my hook out of old wire coat hangers.

3. Neon is right on. Panel is crucial to safe growing. Research topic and you can purchase built boxes for your rooms specific needs online. I use a 30amp box with 4-220v and 4-120v outlets. Box then runs of a timer. Plugs and more plugs. Lots of shit to run and when done right you can sleep at night! Got mine for a few c notes.

4. http://www.lowes.com/pd_28295-296-QO48M30DSGP_0__ would this be like what I would need?

5. It would look something like this. 1391444431844.jpg Also what the guy said in the 3rd post works too. But you need a main power feed.. NO CORDS!! we dont want you to risk burning your house down on here so you can grow some weed. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I have an 8 site hid hub but I have no idea how to set it up.

7. Can u post a picture of it . I think I know what ur talking about but need to make sureSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. @[member="neonrio"] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391447599.849781.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. So I sern ones like that but the ones I seen you get a electric stove plug wired in and plug that in to it. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #10 GOLDENBOY, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    If you need to use a cord for a 60 watt fan thats no big deal just no cords for your lights. Try to keep it as short as you can too. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Yeah, I think I might just have an electrician come and set it up because I don't want to fuck anything up haha

12. [quote name="fatnorma" post="19458501" timestamp="1391448056"]Yeah, I think I might just have an electrician come and set it up because I don't want to fuck anything up haha[/quote]Thats a wise choice. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #13 GOLDENBOY, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    It may cost you a 1000 bucks but you will have a well set up roonSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. One last word if you have any friends that took the course hire them to do the work if your paranoid. Maybe your notSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks for all the help man!!