Trouble cleaning TORO disk/circ...

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Mr. Jane, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Hey folks,

It has been a while. Anyway, I am having some trouble cleaning my TORO disk/circ. I soaked it in grunge off for about 28 hours, but there is still a light grey residue on the dome of the circulator. Everything else is 100% clean, including the fixed stem, disk, and the bottom of the circulator. It is very strange. The grunge off soak didn't seem to do much for the gray part. I let a buddy of mine borrow it while I was away, and he didn't clean it for a while, and I am left with this very slight gray tint around the dome of the circulator. I have tried salt and iso to no avail. It isn't a huge issue, but it bugs the shit out of me considering it is such a nice bong.

What do you suggest?

M

2. Anything?

I managed to use a brush to remove some of it, but there are some areas that I can't get to. Should I try some more rubbing alcohol and salt? How about using carburetor cleaner? Anything at all?

3. Maybe try a Simple Green soak.

4. i'd say use some acetone and shake the hell out of it. wash it with hot water and continue shaking until it gets clean. i dunno what else could work if you've been using GO to no avail.

5. I think I have solved the problem. I went to Wally-World this afternoon and bought an engine degreaser/cleaner. I sprayed into the TORO. It had a very strong stream. I believe the solution also had some sort of abrasive in it. It worked like a charm. I had to rinse my bong out about 20 times before the smell entirely disappeared. I rinsed it another 10 times just to make sure all of the degreaser was cleaned out.

:hello:

6. Might want to rep some other shit to clean out the degreaser stuff you added

maybe an iso and salt run to make 100% sure?

water rinses might not be adequate with something that strong
    my .02

gladd you got your toro clean

my disk diffy (toro) is always filthy
    shit's just hard to clean

i've been thinking about investing in some pipe cleaners that are bushy and thick

7. CLR will take it off it safe but raise it out really good

8. That is probably a good idea. I will definitely do that before I smoke out of it. I will probably leave it completely clean for a while; it took way to much shaking and rinsing.

It is kinda depressing when you think about it though. I actually used an engine degreaser to clean my piece --a fucking engine degreaser. Smoking that much can't be good for my lungs. I definitely will be hooking my Toro up to my vape exclusively for now on. I really do like smoking though... :(

9. Op, White stains are usually hard water issues.
    DISTILLED vinegar will do the trick. soak for a min or so, shake and rinse!

10. Yeah, it was not a hard water stain. It was a grey filmy substance that started just above the water line.

11. Could you let me know what engine/degreaser you used? I literally clean my Fixed stem-8 arm Toro everyday, as it's too nice a piece to not.

But right where the Stem goes into the perc, the inside of the perc has a slight brown/ resin build up. I have soaked it in ISO to no avail, done the usual salt+iso and shaked the shit out of it+hot water= still there, tried using pipe cleaners but they aren't big enough.

I just bought some Simple Green and I'm going to let it soak for 24 hours, but if that doesn't work. What'd you use bro?

12. That's exactly what a hard water stain is and that's exactly where it will form.