TRM's First Setup. 8-4-12 (Thanks TeSmp)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by tharealmclovin, Aug 4, 2012.

1. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Good news. 20 mins later after putting the ice packs in...I DROPPED 2 DEGREES. :)[/quote]

You just put the ice in the tent?? You won't/can't do this all hours of the night.. Grab a 80mm computer fan off newegg. What's the temp outside your tent?i

2. I put it into a 5 gallon bucket. I have hundreds of them. So I can change them daily. I put 5 6x6 packs in the bucket in the corner.

The room temp is 79 and the tent temp is now 82. I am still gonna get the intake fan but first I need to get my room cooled off.

3. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']I put it into a 5 gallon bucket. I have hundreds of them. So I can change them daily. I put 5 6x6 packs in the bucket in the corner.

The room temp is 79 and the tent temp is now 82. I am still gonna get the intake fan but first I need to get my room cooled off.[/quote]

I think with the intake fan your temps would be near the same as your room, it is in my case..but ya that could work but it would get tedious!

It's funny cause my room is also the hottest room in the house

4. Can I use a booster fan from home depot or is a computer fan better.

5. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Can I use a booster fan from home depot or is a computer fan better.[/quote]

I think a booster would blow to much air.. You want more air coming out then going in..

6. Ok. So any 120mm or 140mm computer case fan? And what kind of wires. I think you told me but I forgot.

7. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Ok. So any 120mm or 140mm computer case fan? And what kind of wires. I think you told me but I forgot.[/quote]

I use 80mm but you could use a 120 as well.. You take an old cell phone (12 volt) charger and splice the wires to the fans wires..

8. Ok. I found a 140mm 103cfm fan for 9 bucks will that work? Or is that too much.

9. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Ok. I found a 140mm 103cfm fan for 9 bucks will that work? Or is that too much.[/quote]

As long as its a good bit less then your exhaust.. You want negative pressure in your tent.. Well doesn't matter a lot without a filter.

10. I will go to comp USA tomorrow. Then you just make a 6" circle out of cardboard right??

11. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']I will go to comp USA tomorrow. Then you just make a 6" circle out of cardboard right??[/quote]

Correct with a square in the middle to fit the fan in.. Secure it into the Intake.. It cools my tent 4-5F.

12. Sounds like a plan to me.

Do you use a different syringe for each bottle of nutes?

13. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Sounds like a plan to me.

Do you use a different syringe for each bottle of nutes?[/quote]

Nope... I draw into the syringe, pour it into the bucket for mixing.. Draw some water into it and pour that back into the bucket.. Just so I don't mix them in the different bottles.. Same for pH up/down.

14. Ok. That's how I did it too. Just checking. I didn't want to mix the bottles

15. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Ok. That's how I did it too. Just checking. I didn't want to mix the bottles[/quote]

Yup :)

16. Can't wait to get off work and get started today.

17. Ok got my fan. Now I cut the red and black. Then hook en to a phone charger.

image-1727566995.jpg

18. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Ok got my fan. Now I cut the red and black. Then hook en to a phone charger.

[/quote]

Is that a question it looks like you have it hooked up? But ya. Just make sure it's spinning the correct way.. Black with white strip goes to red if I remember correctly..

19. Ok. I am about to cut the wires now. I just wanted to confirm before I destroy this fan

20. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Ok. I am about to cut the wires now. I just wanted to confirm before I destroy this fan[/quote]

Lol no you won't destroy anything.. If there's no lines on your cell charger then there should be a silver and a copper wire.. Copper goes to red, silver to black. Make sure they're both 12 volts.