TRM's First Setup. 8-4-12 (Thanks TeSmp)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by tharealmclovin, Aug 4, 2012.

1. I have to attach my fan to my screen. I can't think of anything else to attach it to. How tall is te minimum above the bucket I should make it? I am goon to make it adjustable so I can raise it. Just not sure of the minimum height.

2. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']I have to attach my fan to my screen. I can't think of anything else to attach it to. How tall is te minimum above the bucket I should make it? I am goon to make it adjustable so I can raise it. Just not sure of the minimum height.[/quote]

8-10" leave it out for now.. I have it attached to the tent poles but it's a major fucking pain in the ass..

My strongest suggestion would be to make something it can attach to so it doesn't click when oscillating and stays out of the way..

3. That was my problem. It turns half way then starts clickin and won turn.

4. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']That was my problem. It turns half way then starts clickin and won turn.[/quote]

Trust me you'll have problems the rest of the grow.. I put it on my screen till it got full.. I think the only good way would be to make a PVC pole that runs between two tent poles that it can attach to.. Ive struggled with it the entire grow.

5. Right after I posted I found the magic spot. Not clicking for now. And now I'm in New Jersey. LOL

6. #66 tharealmclovin, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
    Anyone try this setup? RDWC

Looks pretty easy. I have a second bucket. Maybe I can make a 5 gallon res. with 1 bucket next time.

7. ***UPDATE***

Changed it up a bit.

I made a res bucket and tubed it with a pump

image-131496637.jpg

image-3219076709.jpg

8. K so can you explain your plan? Are you going to keep both buckets in the tent? The extra res might be better outside the tent for lower temps and checking pH/ppm whenever you want to.. I might be wrong though I've never ran anything like this.

9. I could put the res outside. I left enough tubing. I just wanted to make it easier to check everything. This way I dont have to ever really move the plant. After setting everything up, I dont have as much room to move around so my buddy made this system to make it easier.

He based it off the RDWC link I posted

10. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']I could put the res outside. I left enough tubing. I just wanted to make it easier to check everything. This way I dont have to ever really move the plant. After setting everything up, I dont have as much room to move around so my buddy made this system to make it easier.

He based it off the RDWC link I posted[/quote]

Yeah it's a good idea.. Can it be completely drained?? I would personally put it outside the tent.. Glad you went with this as long as it works properly you'll have a easier time maintaining the proper pH/ppm/res temps..

11. Yes I put a Drain hose on the Res so I can drain it all the way. How do you run stuf out of your tent? like plugs. I am goin out of the back vent hole.

12. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Yes I put a Drain hose on the Res so I can drain it all the way. How do you run stuf out of your tent? like plugs. I am goin out of the back vent hole.[/quote]

Ya same here if your talking about electrical..

13. Yeah. thats the only reason i left the Res inside. I'm not sure how to get it outside and still be able to seal it. I will think about it. I dont have much time. Im in my home state now

14. This fan is gonna drive me crazy. The second the tent gets zipped all the way up, it starts clicking.

15. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']This fan is gonna drive me crazy. The second the tent gets zipped all the way up, it starts clicking.[/quote]

I'm telling you.. You HAVE to rig something up or else it will happen the entire grow.

16. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Yeah. thats the only reason i left the Res inside. I'm not sure how to get it outside and still be able to seal it. I will think about it. I dont have much time. Im in my home state now[/quote]

Hmm the lower intake hole?

17. I see that now. LOL. The gears are turning, I will figure something out. I want it blowing straight across, right?? Not at the light or at the plant??

The lower in take may be the perfect height

18. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']I see that now. LOL. The gears are turning, I will figure something out. I want it blowing straight across, right?? Not at the light or at the plant??

The lower in take may be the perfect height[/quote]

In between the light and plant.. Just over the top..

19. Ok. Got my MH running in my tent with the exhaust fan and 6" fan. My temp is 83-84 usually. I have a ton of ice packs. You think if I filled a bucket with ice packs and just let them melt, it would help keep it cool? I am gonna try

20. Good news. 20 mins later after putting the ice packs in...I DROPPED 2 DEGREES. :)