TRM's First Setup. 8-4-12 (Thanks TeSmp)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by tharealmclovin, Aug 4, 2012.

1. I am starting this Journal before I am even set up. I have everything on its way and hope to get everything set up in a week or so.

I got a ton of help from TeSmp, So I give him tons of credit. This is what I have on the way so far...

1. 600W Dimmable Ballast
    2. 600W HPS bulb
    3. 600W MH bulb
    4. 6" Air Cool Hood with Ceramic Socket
    5. Pair of Rope ratchets
    6. 24 hr Timer
    7. 36x36x78 Tent
    8. GH 3-Part Flora-series
    9. DWC bucket with pump
    10. Rapid Rooter
    11. Sub Zero Inline Fan - 6" - 400CFM
    12. GH pH Control Kit
    13. HM Digital COM-100 EC/TDS/Temp Meter

I cant wait to really get started and will hopefully learn alot from this first try

2. Sweet man! Glad you started a journal you'll get lots of help this way. I am pretty much just passing on my knowledge I've leavened from JakesterJammin and Unhinged. You pretty much have all the stuff I wish I had now lol, jealous :)

3. Thanks for the help. I came in here planning on CFL's and dirt. Look at me now. LOL

4. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Thanks for the help. I came in here planning on CFL's and dirt. Look at me now. LOL[/quote]

Yeah that's how it works lol.. At least this time if everything goes right you should yield 2-4x more then you ever would have with the CFLs!

5. I am going with "Ministry of Cannabis Carnival" for my first try. I am going to make a screen for SCROG, but am still not sure if I am going to use it this time.

6. Today is day 1 of setup. Hopefully everything will be ready by the weekend.

7. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Today is day 1 of setup. Hopefully everything will be ready by the weekend.[/quote]

Right on.. What have you got?

8. I'm not 100% sure yet, I'm still at work. But the fed ex guy must hate me. I had 3 confirmations today. I will post pictures later.

What's the easiest way to post pictures? I'm using an iPhone.

9. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']I'm not 100% sure yet, I'm still at work. But the fed ex guy must hate me. I had 3 confirmations today. I will post pictures later.

What's the easiest way to post pictures? I'm using an iPhone.[/quote]

Lol! Mmm grasscity app!

10. Ahh after some searching I see how. Gimme a few hours and I'll be uploading my progress.

11. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Ahh after some searching I see how. Gimme a few hours and I'll be uploading my progress.[/quote]

K.. Ya just take your pics then click the + in your reply message.. Click attach from photos.. Then you can click the photo and select insert inline..

12. #12 tharealmclovin, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    ***UPDATE***

Day 1 setup

Attached Files:

13. Excellent job! You'll run ducting to your hood from there.. I'd suggest taping the intersection where those poles attach to the other poles.. They're pretty weak and your fan can fall. Does your screen fit nice?

14. The screen is just a little loose so I can attach it to the tent poles.

Are you just talking about the top support poles or all of the joints??

15. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']The screen is just a little loose so I can attach it to the tent poles.

Are you just talking about the top support poles or all of the joints??[/quote]

The joints where the poles attach.

16. Ok cool. I will do that before the lights go up. I now see what you were saying about the fan noise. Im gonna run it tonight to get used to it. Lol

Does it get any quieter once it's connected to the hood?

17. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Ok cool. I will do that before the lights go up. I now see what you were saying about the fan noise. Im gonna run it tonight to get used to it. Lol

Does it get any quieter once it's connected to the hood?[/quote]

Somewhat.. With a filter gets less noisy and with a speed controller substantially quieter.. But of course that reduces the overall speed, which in many cases is just fine..

18. I seem to have a constant room temp of 74-78. I think I am goin to need that fan on full blast to keep it cool in there. I may have to run some ducting to the next room to get some real AC'd air in there.

19. By room I mean the bedroom. The tent is about 1-2 degrees higher without lights yet.