trippy thoughts

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by gmvneyy, Oct 30, 2019.

1. post your theories about life, space and existence.

If Earth is this tiny planet in our solar system, and there’s no other discovered forms of existence (at least that we know about) (in our solar system)....and there are millions of solar systems.. Could it be possible parallel universes are real? with the same set up as ours. Each, slightly different in their own way, with their own lifestyle, discoveries, industrializations, etc. What if we had hundreds of doppelgängers doing similar things to us right now, and that’s where deja vu comes in. i dunno, just a thought..

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you believe the universe is truly infinite, then yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. The Drake equation is:where:{\displaystyle N=R_{*}\cdot f_{\mathrm {p} }\cdot n_{\mathrm {e} }\cdot f_{\mathrm {l} }\cdot f_{\mathrm {i} }\cdot f_{\mathrm {c} }\cdot L}[​IMG]

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible (i.e. which are on our current past light cone);
    and
    R∗ = the average rate of star formation in our galaxy
    fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
    ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
    fl = the fraction of planets that could support life that actually develop life at some point
    fi = the fraction of planets with life that actually go on to develop intelligent life (civilizations)
    fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
    L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space[5][6]

4. sorry, but i always think of the Drake equation in discussions like this.
    peace, jim

5. Given that the universe is infinite and ever expanding there's absolutely no reason there isn't another earth somewhere with another me typing exactly this right now.

6. I have 2 main theories of how we came to be.
    No1 that there was a universe before this one. It got too big and imploded on itself. The aftermath of that was the big bang.
    One day this universe will implode and it'll happen again..
    Or no2.
    The big bang never actually happened and the centre of the universe is the other side of a black hole.
    The most mental thing about the universe though is that 84-86% of the global population believe it was all created by some sort of magical being as a play toy.
    How can we ever figure the universe out when the majority of us still think it was made by some magical being who takes time out of his day to talk to each and every one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Personally I think deja vu comes from past universes. I tend to believe the universe dies in a great crunch which results in another big bang and the universe is born once again and we all go around again of course sometimes we can do things slightly different next time.

8. Anyone ever had the feeling of Vuja De?

The feeling that none of this has ever happened before?

j

• Like Like x 1
  9. You used to be the youngest creature in the world.
    Think about it, for the tiniest fraction of a second you were the newest born of all the newborns in the universe.

• Like Like x 1
  10. We are figuring it out in my opinion. 80% of the world may be misguided, but because they are the majority it makes us thinkers go to go to somewhat of extremes for knowledge. Out of supression comes the inevitable progression. Its darkest before the light and all that. Thats why i think theres so many more spiritual "hippy" like people now adays or i see more then i do devoted christians. And it also kinda explains to state of panic by the religious side of humanity because were no longer fueling that belief and it scares them. Einstien said that he believes life sits inbetween science and religion and one cannot exist without the other.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Well it really cant be the Past...

lol

j

12. i'm thinking of The Sixth Sense now :eek2:

13. Apparently, time is only linear as we perceive it...

14. My favorite is the headline " planet capable of sustaining life found 90 light years way." Lmfao.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Humans are horrible at perceiving time in a linear fashion, ask a musician.

16. I was thinking more in the conceptual sense of consistent direction and progression.

In the literal sense - innately yes, but many of us have altered our perception through the constant tracking of the linearity of societies organization of time.

17. And thats why we will be alone in this universe.