Trippin of a car accident

Discussion in 'General' started by ThaDankest, Feb 21, 2006.

1. On Friday night i was in the first car accident of my life (riding or driving). It was snowy out and i wasn't if 4-wheel drive. I was coming up the street and my back end lost traction and swung out 2 my right. Then my tires caught and shot me up onto the median. The back lost traction again and this time swung around the other way. When they caught back on, i was pointing at the guard rail on my side of the road. I hit the guard rail doing about 30-40 mph and it fucked up the front bumper. My car was still drivable so i drove back to my house. After that i went and sat on my couch and watched a blank TV screen (sounds like I was overreacting but i really didnt even notice that i was doing it) for about 20 mins. Now, most of the ppl on here have probably been in accidents and i was just wondering if I was the only person who thought it was an incredibly trippy experience. I wasnt scared at all during the crash, like when i was sliding and then hitting the guard rail. But like when i was driving home, and once i got there i dont really remember anything (except for the fact that i was slightly shaking). Once i got home, i wasn't even COMPLETELY sure if the whole thing had acutally happened, so i had to get outta my car and check. Then the rest of the night, I had the kinda paranoid feeling that everything that was happening was a dream. I didn't fell like i was walking, more like i was gliding, or like when i would go to open the fridge, it felt like i was seeing someone else's hand grab the handle. Ok, so sry about the rant, but i was wondering if anybody else had some of these same feelings after they lost their wreck viriginity.

2. Your brain probabley released some chemical (Adrenaline, or something, so many fucking chemicals I forget what does what) and made you have a slight trip?

3. I know that the brain releases DMT into the brain when its dying (some beleive this results in the white light ), I mean if you truly thought you were going to die, the brain has amazing placebo powers.

just food for thought I suppose

4. dmt would make you forget details the event too.

5. I had a weird feeling when I had my first, and only accident. Thing was, just like you, it was a one car accident. I was driving along, at about 30mph when I dropped a cd down near my feet. I dont like things around my feet when im driving, so I reached down to pick it up, in the two seconds I looked away, my car, a 87' Ford Crown Vic(just to give you an idea of the size of this boat) had the front and back passenger tires off the road and in the mudd. My car was sitting at an angle, and since there was so much mudd, I couldnt pull those two tires back onto the street, I narrowly avoided a telephone poll, but my front bumper caught a little piece of a tree that came along after the poll. Basically I was bouncing quickly from street to tree, bouncing off the tree didnt put me back on the road, as my tires were a couple of inches deep in mudd, and would just hit the side of the road when I came over, when my back bumper caught the tree(it was an 87, so it had that big steel bumper), I bounced hard and ended up on the street facing the opposite direction. I was lightly toasted(decided to smoke before going to six flags). Since I was already turned around and facing my house, and my car was still drivable, and running, I went home, told my sister to check out my car, it was completely smashed, including glass, and half the windshield, and she just was like what the fuck did you do, you must have been speeding. I was like no, I wasnt, I hit a fucking tree, and started laughing. I asked my mom for the keys to the old 79 malibu we used for a spare car, and then I went and picked up my friends, and told them about it, on the way to six flags, they smoked me up, for not dying, and telling a funny story. Thing is, I hate rollercoasters due to my fear of heights, but that day, after almost dying and living to laugh about it, I got on as many rides as I could, and rode them like I didnt even care. Must have been some kind of trip, I just felt like nothing bothered me that whole day, like I was just so calm after almost dying. It def. only lasted that afternoon, cuz I wont get on the rollercoasters now, not unless there is money involved.

:bongin:

6. The effects after your accidents are most probably caused by the accident, psycologically, as others have said.
    Many events can trip you out, ex when I was like 8, I had a bad fever and was laying down in my bed watching local news where they were talking about the different dresses people were gonna wear for the academy awards. I fell asleep, and when I woke up a while later I suddenly thought I had stolen all the star's costumes, and I was like "What the fuck did I do??? They're not gonna have their costumes for the show!" I was super nervous and paced around my house, I tried to call my mom to tell her, but I couldnt work the phone properly. Finally I sat down and listened to some bach that was playing on the radio (and was seriously contributing to me trippin) and the song came to its end, and I came down with it, "whoa, what the heck happened?".

7. Sucks man. No words to describe being in a wreck, just a complete feeling of vulnerability. I hit a pole and had a road sign come through my front glass on my way to a friends house last summer. I didn't know what to do so I drove to my buddies and didn't say a word until my friends saw my car, it was like I was in a weird trance.

8. yeah something similar happend to me after my car accident.

i was 17 and new. it was winter and my freind and i were goign back to his house after a day of boarding up on the slopes. it was snowing and i spun out, hit a guard rail, smashed into a brand new dodge ram 1500 and FUBARd my car.

same thing happened... i was fine driving home. i knew the cop that came, one of my dads close friends so he makred down a 0% at fault. once i got home my freind said we had this CRAZY conversation that i dont even remeber.

9. This seems to be a trend, accidents or extreme events cause drug like states.

10. happened to me when me and my buddy hit a tree doin around 35 (after a case of beer.. were dumb) I got home a few hours later and just felt really light and weak all night.. not so much of a trip but i felt different and just plain not right

11. Ya man, thats def a good way 2 describe it. All tranced out, i was completely zoned drivin home. And after i got home, then the vulnerable feelin kicked in..... Shitty.