Triple Tiered Screen of Green

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by archer5, May 15, 2016.

?

A) , B), or C) (read first post)

1. A) use upper screens as support

2. B) fill each screen one at a time

3. C) fill 3 screens at the same time

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey there Fam,
    I've been looking online for any information pertaining to running multiple layers of ScrOGs as the lighting I have will penetrate several feet of canopy. I've seen greenhouses where they use the extra layer of screen above them, but it seems like it's just for support. If YOU planned on having a 3-4 ft thick canopy indoors (given you had enough light) would you A) fill the entire bottom screen then the second and third, B) would you use the upper layers only as support, C) or try to fill them all roughly at the same time (finishing filling up that is)...

I will be experimenting with letting several branches grow up to fill upper screens and attempt to fill 3 screens roughly all in unison. My plan is to start with (4) 1' x1' trained and FIMed plants per 4x4 area. I will drop the first screen on it and let it grow for a day or two. I will selectively let branches either grow up or tuck them (60% up / 40% down). Then as I tuck the branches under the bottom screen I will repeat the 60/40 split on the second screen and fill a third screen. By letting more branches grow up after 1-2 days of growth I hope to off set the time it take to fill the first and second screen so I can completely stuff each 4'x4'x3' area with a solid canopy of buds.

My room is currently being built so I will post pictures as I progress. I'll also have a proper grow journal but. This is specific to growing a jungle indoors. let me know what you think wether you have constructive input or think I'm an idiot. ✌️
    *Un-trained Master Bubba teen I gave to a friend below.

Attached Files:

2. Seems to me like you're over complicating this whole situation. If you pack too many colas in there you're gonna have airflow/mold problems as they develop and fill out.

I'd just use the top net for basic support if I were you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You're lighting may penetrate 3 0r 4 feet of a plant that's left to grow unmolested. A Scrog done right is a whole new beast though. Once that top net gets full it's going to greatly hurt the penetration to the lower screens. What kind of lighting do you have? I do not see it going well for the lower 2 nets. I run 600 watt hids and have buddies that run 1000's in a Scrog set up. Once that nets full everything under it is light starved and is why Scrog growers defoliate under the net.

If you're just after support for the stems add potassium silicate like agsil 16h to your grow to strengthen stems. Multiple nets like you mentioned are just for support and the need of them can easily be eliminated with good healthy, strong stems.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks you both for your input. The lighting that I will be using is spectrum King LED. I wont go into crazy detail but they have an insane PFD, CRI, and spectrum which togeather gives the light penetration similar to the sun on the equator. I've never worked with any lights that has that much penetration and the sales manager told me if I'm running a SCROG id better use atleast 3 nets for a very thick canopy. Maybe I misunderstood him and he meant the upper ones were support and not all SCROGs. I think now I'll just try using the upper nets as support and then if it can handle more then I'll grow it thick let each grow until I find the sweet spot or something. Thanks again for the input!

• Like Like x 1
  5. For sure dude. If it turns your no obvsly Kerri doing it! In my tent I do my even have the room for 3 screens that's why I make mine a EVER SO loose(easily adjustable is much better phrase, ID be interested to see with exact same 2 clones (better base line results than seed.. To many variables w seeds. Any way a side by side identical scrog. Cept one side has 3 stacked screen maybe one sitting 5" inch above soil for 1st screen. To 2nd screen 7.5" above soil
    . and the 3rd can be 9" inches maybe?? Closer still if its only
    A barrier per SE.. Mess around dude. It's a fun safe hobby. Fuck seeing "xrug dealer" pshh

6. ^^^^^^not even in the realm of a slight possibility by any stretch of the imagination. don't listen to marketing

Sounds like the sales manager isn't someone to listen to either. Then again very few are reliable, their main goal is to sell you stuff rather it's needed or not.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thought the same thing, ready to call BS! lol

8. #8 buckethead129, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    do as ya feel man! :smoking-bong: but a scrog and certain training methods already can create a monster canopy, jus go with one dude, done up REAALL right, jus my 2 cents, or if i had more led units id jus make the screen larger.
    but my tent is only $' tall so id have to upgrade everything basically.. btw i know the cannabis community hates MG, and I'm a firm believer in not using that really hot stuff. but the seed starter soils MG, amended w perlite, is the best medium to start your seeds in especially :) for my final soil ill be getting 2 bags of MG organic seed starter (purposely) not a newb when it comes to mediums lol.. (.03-.03.-03) mix.. mix both bags, a few handfuls of my other organic soil jus for some bulk a few handfuls of perlite, earth worm castings, guano, shell fish meal if you can find it! BOOM! you basically jus made For farms ocean forest ;) have you given any thought to a V-scrog??

9. lol, dude now u really got me wondering how a "thrice screened" n trained SCROG would actually perform as stated , the penetration is gonna be tricky..