Triple cheese overdue

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Philip howarth, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Hia buddy’s my white widow x big bud is harvested right on time but my triple cheese is well overdue can anyone explain possible reasons I’m nearly two weeks overdue they are meant too be 50-55 days I know it’s only a guide but getting worried the only thing I have changed since the widow is change lights like mega upgrade I’m at 43000 lm

2. #2 thezephyr, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    The most likely explanation would be simple phenotypical variation. When growing from seed, you won't often see perfectly uniform plants like you would when growing clones. Each seed is a different combination of genes that will express differently because of their unique genetics, and in response to the environment they are being cultivated in. Also, seed companies are generally optimistic with the expected flowering periods to increase sales, and they tend to be unrealistic.

Switching lights during flowering can cause problems, especially if you switched to a much more powerful light. Sometimes plants will flower perpetually, producing new flowering tips on top of ripe buds. If this is the case, a good option to get your cheese plants to finish would be to reduce your photoperiod from 12/12 to something like 10 on / 14 off.

3. You have hit it on the nail I kinda knew using a new higher power light would cause problems and also you are correct by changing the timer I would have a 80% chance of success it’s almost ready I only changed the light two weeks before finish and as you stated it has grown more pistols

• Like Like x 1
  4. Let it keep forming new pistols until it either stops or starts producing bananas then you have about 3-5 day window for maximum Cannabinoid profiles

5. Hia brother it’s been almost a week now since I wrote the post it’s grown heaps more white pistols and the buds have now started too fatten up quite a bit the smell is typical of the cheese strain I’m not sure if she will Hermie but fingers crossed thank you dr for your valued input