Trip to the Hydro Store

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Johnny Tsunami, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Going to the Hydro store this Friday. I have completed my bubble bucket and need to purchase nutrients for the grow. I want to not look like I have no business in there so what should I be looking for. What exactly should I purchase for an entire grow just a single plant.

This is my first hydro grow so Im not sure how to do the nutrients even though Ive read alot some of the info is confusing.:smoke:

2. a budget always helps...

but most go for General Hydroponics 3 part for their first go... Lucas Formula is a simplified way of approaching the 3 part...

but no matter what you go with will be fine...

the hydro store will try to hook you up with what nute line they get the most kickbacks on... if you decide to nibble make sure you get a feeding schedule from them as well...

let us know how it goes

3. Thanks Im just a bit paranoid that they will know what I am doing. Are these formulas common for other hydro plants grows or are the specific to marijuana. Im only 23 so I feel like they would trust a younger guy in a hydro store.

4. [quote name='"Johnny Tsunami"']Thanks Im just a bit paranoid that they will know what I am doing. Are these formulas common for other hydro plants grows or are the specific to marijuana. Im only 23 so I feel like they would trust a younger guy in a hydro store.[/quote]

Haha im 22. I felt the same way the first time I went. But the guy is real cool. Never asks questions. Always answers mine. All of the nutes there can be used with nearly any plant. All it is is a combo of nitrogen phosphorus and other plant foods found in the ground. Got nothing to worry about buddy. And if anyone does start getting proby, tell them your mom has a huge indoor garden and you're lookin for gifts for her. That was always my fallback lie, though I've never had to use it lol

5. Like tihs said any mute line will do you well.
    I personally suggest go cheaper for now so you can learn befored you invest alot and nutes are one of the few areas starting cheap wont screw you.
    As for what you grow he probably allready knows before you say anything. You still shouldnt tell him though, but these hydro stores didn't start popping up all over because everyone grows corn indoors...lol

6. Call them up to find out what nute brands they carry so you can research ahead of time. As usual Tihspeed lends good advice on starting with GH brand. I used the Botanicare CNS17 line and am happy, price comparable to General Hydroponics.

You should realize that with hydro stores its a Don't Ask Don't Tell relationship. MJ growers are their lifeblood. They know your growing so accept it. As long as you both talk about vegetables everything's legit. BTW, if your ever in a hydro store and the people working their make comments about growing for MJ I wouldn't buy from there....period. If their legit they wouldn't do that, but if they got pinched then they could be entrapping you.

Sorry for the rant. :rolleyes: