Trip to the Dam

Discussion in 'General' started by mmkay, Nov 25, 2006.

1. I am going on a trip to the Dam this summer for the first time.

Share with me some dos and do nots...

must sees, reviews and what not.

2. I myself haven't been but my mom has and she said the best thing to do is if your at a hotel or something only bring out with you what you need no more, there alot of pick pocketers there and they're damn good at it so just be carefull and have fun :D:p:hello:

3. as stated, very talented rip-offs in europe. take advantage of the hotel safe, if they have one. i've been to adam a few times when i was stationed in germany. it's a great place. many new foods to taste. it's really no different than any other city. good and bad people. many people there speak english. unless you're a loudmouthed american (there are many in europe) you'll find the locals are very friendly. it's been some time since i was there. bush may have made us unpopular there. it may be a good idea to get your money exchanged to euros before you leave the u.s. sometimes the exchange rate is better stateside. make sure you'll have plenty of any "must haves" that may not be available in europe, (especially medications.) be careful when walking around. cars will show up on sidewalks. if you're gonna take a cab anywhere, get a quote before you get in. you'll avoid any surprize fares that way. make sure you take warm clothes, it's cold there now. long johns are a good idea. try not to be out after dark alone. it can be a rough town. don't buy anything off the street. visit a cafe to score. ask to see what you're buying, before you pay. don't smoke too much at a club. i smoked some bubble gum black one time at a club. i smoked too much and could barely find my way out to the street. it was in the middle of the day. i was realllllly high! treat your passport like it's made of gold. you don't want to lose that puppy. BE NICE! REMEMBER, YOU'RE THE VISITOR! try some horse meat while you're there if it's available. you'll be surprised.

4. 1) rent a bike
    2) have belgium waffles
    3) smoke madd ganja, try lots of strains
    4) try the pizza, you'll see the shops, they got big ass slices, their good.
    5) if you go to amsterdam central station, and go across the bridge and take a right, you'll be crossing some tram lines, but about a block down, on the left hand side, is a sick little rasta shop, i forget the name, but the prices and bud are incredible! i only found it on my last day there, but it was AWESOME! friendly staff, seriously, great prices, its easy to find

5. If a guy with a scar on his lip tells you that there are super hot girls in Bratislava who will fuck you like crazy... consider his advice.;)

6. Very useful thread, I am also planning a trip to Amsterdam this summer. Along with Munich and Dublin, should be great.