Trinity versus ICE

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by middleforker, Dec 2, 2014.

1. One of the people I have supplied excess meds to requested some Purple Trinity. I've grown several strains the last couple of years but never Trinity. I germinated several Trinity seeds along with several ICE seeds and one ICE clone. 2 out of 3 Trinity seeds died before sprouting. The one that survived is about 1/2 the size of the ICE plants. It also looks pretty sickly and I've had to pick off some dead branches. All in all I'm pretty dissapointed with this strain.
    Does anybody have any experience with this strain and maybe a tip or two to help it thrive?
    Here are my grow stats:
    Grown under a 600 watt HPS light, temps average 65 at night, 75 to 80 during the day. Foxfire Ocean Forest is the medium I use. I water about every 3 to 4 days. I fertilize with Grow Big and Big Bloom every other watering. They've been growing for 4 weeks. The ICE plants are 14 to 16 inches tall, the Trinity is about 8 inches tall.

Any comments would be appreciated.

2. #2 QualiD, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
    No two strains grow the same, and any grower with experience under their belt will tell you that some genetics can only grow in certain conditions.. I would ask the breeder?

3. I bought the seeds (ICE and Trinity) from Herbies seeds. I'm not sure of the breeder, but i think the Trinity seeds come from Humboldt County. I've grown a variety of strains: Northern Lights X Skunk, Big Bud X White Widow, Royal Queen X Power Flower, Mazur X White widow. I have never seen this much of a difference between growth rates. It could be that the Trinity prefers an outdoor environment. 

4. I think I labeled this topic wrong. I don't really care about the difference between ICE and Trinity. What I would like to know if anyone has experience growing Trinity. If so, were there any problems, or if it went well, grown indoors or outdoors, what kind of medium was used, lights, feeding, watering, etc.