Trimming

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ThumbaIina, Nov 19, 2016.

1. if i have an autoflowering female, and I plan on doing LST am I supposed to also trim the plant? When do I trim it if I do? I am a total newbie
    :thankyou:

2. You trim it on harvest day

• Like Like x 4
  3. I've seen people trim their plants right before flowering stage so the light gets evenly distributed, I'm just wondering if there is a specific technique I'm supposed to do with an auto plant

4. Personally I dry trim. It is harder but it protects the resin heads and in my experience it makes the herb smell better when dried its also nice to have dry resin coated leaves because there is your jointskiis

5. you can "trim back" growth ON ANY PLANT.....AT ANY TIME..if you want.....some say to LST....(which includes trimming) hinders the overall yield of an auto while others say the opposite.......GO FIGURE!!!! LOL

I however have done both to autos and ALTHOUGH there are SLIGHT variations in overall yield....EITHER WAY will produce good bud.....its up to the PERSONAL GROWER on when...and if............they want to trim

• Like Like x 2
  6. I'm sorry I guess the term I should have used was "pruning" not trimming

• Like Like x 1
  7. I know what ya meant.;) :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kronik352 answered it pretty well.... Everyone here will just give you their own opinion because it's more of a 2 sided argument a lot of people believe don't mess with any of the leaves where as some will say go ahead and trim some to get more light in.... If you can't tuck them away somewhere and you want to trim them trim them it won't make a huge impact on your grow either way

Also if you do trim I wouldn't recommend doing it until it's to bushy I wouldn't trim just to trim

• Like Like x 2
  9. Alright thank you

10. Personally I wouldn't touch an auto let it run its "natural" course.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

11. Most experienced growers will tell you to only trim on harvest day.

12. I tend to leave my autos alone a lil leaf tucking and ponytailing will serve them better...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

13. I'm not a big fan of removing fan leaves after trying some defoliating. With auto's who knows, you have to talk to an auto expert. Totally different animal. On photo plants most people remove the bottom 10-15% of growth entirely. If there is buds down there they turn out like crap anyway. If you remove the bottom you get better air circulation to prevent mold, ect, and you get more yield since energy is diverted to the parts of the plant that make the nicer buds.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I can't get that post to act right. But yeah, lst is training without making any cuts

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ok so I should let my auto grow naturally?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1