Trimming Tricks And Tips

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by RecStoner, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Are there any decent machines that will trim up some bud that is worth looking in to. 2 or 3 plants to trim takes hours. WTF.

2. Man up, if you cant trim 2 or 3 find a new hobby lol... its slow and boring, but thats the fruit of your labor stage. Enjoy it.

• Like Like x 7
  3. true. It is boring.

How about if you had to do 20+ plants at a time or those grow places that have hundreds...... is there a commercial way to pull off all the crap?

• Like Like x 1
  4. no, hand trim it. Machines always knock of trichomes and reduce potency. It takes time and care to produce dank.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Someone told me the machines are good, a cheap one for 130$ on ebay will save you loads of time, you're buds won't look perfect, but I wouldn't worry about the trichromes coming off because the plant is still alive and will hold onto them. You will lose some tho, but it's never lost because it'll be trim and trim will be made to hash or something

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1305920-Kushgodrex%27s-First-Grow

6. I would never use a machine. I want the best quality possible. Machines, no matter what reduce potency. If that does not bother you and you want to use a machine because it is easier, then that is fine. It all depends on what you want.

7. Those are some pretty strong statements, Chris. Would you mind or can you provide proof? Now don't give us some bullshit first hand story, we are all stones here man, we tell stories.

I personally don't give a dick one way or the other, I'm a hand trimmer. I'd just like to see if you can show us proof.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. 2 or 3 plants are fun to trim by hand. I usually smoke and chill with music and friends while trimming. I also inspect each individual bud while I trim.

But yeah, if you have a grow op where you supply dispensaries with hundreds of plants, then a machine is the way to go.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Best tip = comfortable scissors

• Like Like x 5
  10. Trim pro rotor with work station. 3 done in 45min. While u drink beer. Best money ever spent

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fheyr13, it's pretty basic. Machines are rougher than hand trimming. If you are rough with your bud, some trichomes will fall off. There is a reason why people don't give their stash jars a violent shake up and down whenever they see them.

12. Its all preference, some like hand trimming, some like machines. All about what works for you.

13. I'm happy to buy a machine of course but don't want it to end up being more work than it's worth. I saw one of them where it looks like you need to take even the smallest little bud apart, I figure at that rate why not just trim it but I dunno.

May have to find some chicks to sit around naked trim one night.

14. #14 RecStoner, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    I have some comfy non stick sissors but sometimes it's just easier to pluck each leaf off with my fingers. Bare fingers, gloves get sticky and F up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 ChefZiggy, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    I did a dry trim with my last couple of plants and that is so much easier. I removed most of the sun and fan leaves before the chop, so most of that was already gone. But the sugar leaves I left alone while the while plant hung and dried slowly over about a week. By then the sugar leaves would just brush off pretty easy. Still had some might sticky gloves, but pop them in the freezer for a bit and collect all that into a nice little ball of hash.:blink:

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

16. Negative, Chris! I asked for real proof and not just how you feel.

Since you cannot provide proof you should shut that mouth ;)

17. Do you have any prof that it does knock off any trichomes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Do you have any proof that it does not knock them off? Just because what I said isn't what you believe you tell me to shut my mouth? Lol.

19. It isn't so much about whether it does or doesn't break off trichomes but more so that you were pushing your opinion as fact and couldn't back it up.

20. #20 New Destination, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    Rough handle your weed and you will get reduced potency, read that on any basic grow/harvest book or post. For me, I can be more careful and be less rough with my buds by hand trimming them, so for me, it is fact.

• Like Like x 2