Trimming questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vertical1, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Hello all, ive searched around the forums but couldn't find a solid answer so I decided to start a tread about it...

When is it ok to trim leaves? I do it when the leaf gets more than half yellow, I also trim leaves around the bottom of my plants for better air flow+ more light can get to the buds. I will be trimming the fan leaves next week (~2 weeks after that they should be ready to harvest) Does this all sound good?

Thanks ahead for the replies!

2. A litle less then that... only cut off the fan leaves... The ones that droop over.

3. theres a million threads on this but no 1 answer..its up to what works for you..i tuck or remove fan leaves that block light from budsites..or lower growth with no real chance..so as to redirect that enegry into the buds...best thing is for you to run a side by side..defoliate one..let the other one grow..decide for yourself:smoke:

4. Thanks for the responses guys... what are your guys's take on trimming ALL the fan leaves a week or so before harvest?

5. why...the plant will canabalize itself using the leafs as food almost durig late flower....i would leave em

at the end thats all thats left:D..my barneys lsd:smoke:

[​IMG]

6. Nice lookin plants deason, theres no real need to trim your plants... Im growing some northern lights and damn are they bushy and small! Perfect for indoor though.