Trimming questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jlett3, Apr 23, 2010.

1. I just finished harvesting my 9 sour diesels that were 4 1/2 feet tall. It took me and my boyfriend 5 hours to complete. Does this sound about right? I was very picky making sure I got every little leaf out of the colas and buds. My guy was just clipping the ends of the leaves and throwing them in the pile (I wasn't happy). How much do you really need to trim and are there any bad effects for doing a shady job. I'd like to inform my guy of the facts.

2. It's best to cut all the leaves that have a stem on them off at the main stem of the cola. Then, start cutting the small leaves that protrude from the colas off so they are flush with the flowers or hairs (pistils). The more you leave on the plant when drying it, the better the end product. You can always do a final trim when drying id completed.

I have a friend who cuts all the fan leaves off then hangs the entire plant for like a week. It's a lot harder to trim that way, but makes for a smoother burn.

5hrs for 9, 4.5' tall plants is pretty fast. Either your both quick learners, or you missed a few leaves.:D

3. What was your yield? It took my wife and I like 9 hours to do 14 1/2 ounces.

4. Not sure on the yield. I was waiting for it to dry first. Is that right? I will up date in a couple of days of so.

5. That's right. final weight comes from the dried bud.