Trimming questions

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by CNova, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Hi, I've been looking into trimming jobs in the US and have had a couple of responses so far.

I have a couple of questions though:
    How much are trimmers being paid per pound these days?
    How many pounds a day do trimmers average?
    Do you get paid daily?

Also its my first time trimming so any tips or advice on etiquette would be very welcome, or any videos i could watch to get some technique practice before i go out.

Thanks in advance guys

2. Good luck... Trimming is the absolute worst. After about ten minutes of it I'm already sick of it.

J

3. What did you find difficult about it??

4. [​IMG]
    It's just a pain in the ass and like jerry said 10 minutes of it and I'm ready to stop.. LOL I try and just trim up a small plant a day and not spend hour after hour at it.. Clipping your own hand again and again is the worst of it and a chain mail glove for the left hand is worth it's weight in gold..
    I use large school scissors and tend to leave a bit of shaggy on them as I hash it all and have no one to critique my buds except myself and I don't care if they have a bit of sugar.. Most guys that have need of trimmers want a more manicured trim and you'll spend hours and days making nice golf ball nuggets..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh, it's fun at first - I mean, it's weed and we all love it right - it smells great while you're trimming, nice big colas - but man it just gets freaking monotonous.

I have my own personal garden set up in a "perpetual" style so that I'm not taking down a whole room at once like I used to to avoid the long days on end of trimming. Monotony monotony. I'll trim on a Sunday but the next Sunday another is ready and it really kls my valuable weekend time because I work like 60 hours a week during the week. As it is there's always other gardening chores to get done too - always cloning and transplanting something.

Get some good headphones and an iPod or something. I'll put on a movie but really only end up listening to it and glancing up occasionally because you've gotta pay attention to the trimming job. With most growers, NEATNESS COUNTS. I can't stand leaf stems poking out of the nugs so get those scissors right into the bud and get the leaf stems (Petiole) removed.

E-books are great too. Just remember man, if you get a job doing this that you'll be sitting there all frigging day, day after day trimming. I couldn't do it - I'd go MAD.

J