trimming question...

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by tucansam420, Feb 24, 2009.

1. im new to growing and have a quick question.
    for best taste and highest potentcy, should i trim the nugs before or after i let them cure (dry)?

2. 2 things; 1: drying, and curing are different 2: It will be easier to trim as soon as you chop, because the leaves wont crumble like when dry.

3. okay thanks
    like i said im very new to growing, i know about strains but nothing about growing them.
    what is the difference between curing and drying?

also, i have heard sometimes the nasty tastes with some cannabis has to do with the shade leaves... is this true?

4. Drying is hanging the buds you just harvested in a dark room for roughly a week depending on temp, humidity, and air cirvulation,

Curing happens after the drying step, and is when you place the buds in air tight glass jars, and burp them; I burp every 3 hrs for 10minutes during week 1, every other day for week 2 for 10minutes, twice during week 3 for 10minutes, and one final 15minute burp, 7 days after the last burp during week 3.

You can get a grassy/"green"/hay taste if you leave too much leaf matter in your buds, but mostly the bad tastes are from people who have nutrients in their dried buds, and those taste nasty when smoked, as well as you having to keep relighting a J or blunt. I swear by flushing to help get the cleanest smoke possible.

Most of this stuff is all over the city, so do some searching see what appeals to you, and try it out to see what you like to do for a process.