Trimming Pollen sacs on hermies???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trelli37, Sep 17, 2009.

1. I have a wonderful mother that I decided to put into flowering because she was so big. After about two weeks in flowering she is showing some great bud sites. This morning I noticed one male seed pod developing at an internode. Can I catch this seed pod from pollinating the rest of my crop by trimming it? I did an extensive search on the plant and I see no other Pods forming.
    I attribute the 'hermie' to stress by so many cuttings and moving her around a lot. Please help with the idea of catching any pollinating male pods and removing them early in development before they have a chance to open and spread pollen.

2. if you remove the pollen sac before it opens, there shouldnt be any pollen released.

however, IMO, intersexed nodes are like bugs....there's never just one :D. id go over the plant with a fine tooth comb. Sometimes a plant that is stressed may be confused through the first week or two of flower, and then no more....so you could be ok.

on the other hand, taking cuttings isn't that stressful, and less so as the plant gets larger, since each cutting is a smaller part of the whole. As such, Im not sure how stressed your plant *should* be, so it's possible that it may not be the most stable mother as well....

3. I removed the one male pollen sac and went over it with a fine comb and there are no more. I will keep anyone interested in how it goes throughout the flowering process and thanks for the input.!!!