Trimming machine..recommendations pls!!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BDragons, Apr 1, 2022.

1. I'm done scissor trimming!!

I'll happily take any advice on this subject.

I'm planning 36 plants for next rip, so that's scale I'd need.

I'd like to keep it under $800 if possible??? Automatic or powered ideal. I can go higher if need be.

Thanks!!

Sent from my P20HD_ROW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. 19” trim bowl certainly made things faster this year. But I’m still working on getting the correct distances without chewing up the bud to much

3. One of the best ways to make trimming easier/faster is to find strains that are easy to trim. Ive grown plants that, to trim properly, take about 2 hours per ounce. Ive also grown plants that take about 10 minutes/ounce. You want to look for tall stretchy plants with golf ball size nuggets.

Having the right scissors and knowing how to use them is a game changer. 3 pairs. One soaking in alcohol. One drying. One in your hand. Any scissors with a spring are junk and will have your hand on fire after a very short time.
    Chikamasa.JPG

This is one of the worst plants ive ever trimmed. No automatic trimmer would trim it worth a damn. They would all leave endless crows feet and would have taken big chunks of foxtailed flower off. That being said, also some of the tastiest shit ive ever grown.
    IMG_2311.JPG

Plants like this are a breeze to trim. I take all the bigger fan leaves off at harvest and there is very little work left after that.
    P3220447.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. lollipop the plants also really cuts down on trim time as well

5. That's some nice looking buds.

6. I'm on hand crank trimmer #2 and will never go back to hand trimming.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That would take him about 3 days to do 36 plants

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. How do you have your blade set up/spaced out?

9. Last grow was 27 plants. There’s still hand trimming done but the 19” bowl trimmer sure does help a ton

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 4500$ is a big chunk of change. I’ve been looking at them all. Plus space is a concern. For $130 the hand crank trimmer does fine for now.

11. Trim just the large pretty buds and run everything else through ice cold ethanol for green dragon or hash/shatter