Trimming/ lollipoping prior to flip

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by TL.OG34, Feb 16, 2019.

1. C4004989-57E8-4582-BA14-0F0C38FDCE16.jpeg ive generally pruned little by little leading into my flip. week before i change the timers ill do a final lollipoping to reduce larf/popcorn anything below the first 5 nodes usually gets disgaurded on my LST’d mainlines. I them give my plants a mycorrhizae solution to reduce shock/stress give em a week to recover and flip em. Just wondering if anyone thinks lollipoping this much material is excessive. Thought about leaving more nodes maybe 8 -10 but am hesitant because cant stand trimming larf. I have recently upgraded to a HLG 550 which seems to do a lot better job of penetrating down to lower budsites. If anyone has any experience with flowering under the HLG 550 or similar quantum boards or cobs id like some input on what is generally a healthy lollipoping for lights with this intesity/penetration.

2. Hey TL, hope everything is well in your world.
    I've just listened to a very interesting podcast that touched on that subject. They used a device that can mesure phtosynthesis in real time to determine which leaves were worth keeping. Give it a listen, it's definitely worth it. Cannabis Cultivation and Science Podcast Episode 43

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thankyou my friend interesting stuff. I feel sometimes i may be over analyzing things i tend to second guess myself because there are so many different ways/techniques to pruning. im constantly searching for the best way to go about it. Open to trying anything new as long as it doesn’t come at the expense of a bountiful harvest.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum