trimming leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by atsar, Oct 25, 2006.

1. ok,i'm just over 4 weeks into flowering,but the big leaves at top of plant are stopping the light reaching some lower buds,should i trim them or just leave as is?and is there anything i can do about the tips of the leaves curling down?thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. i'd trim only as few as possible, since the leaves are essential in the photosynthesis process. consider tieing them out of the way, that way they are still there to do their job and they'll be out of the path of the light to the buds. but if your gonna trim, take it easy.

3. i read somewhere that if you simply MUST trim large fan leaves, only trim the end half off, or trim the ends of the leaf, as opposed to cutting the entire leaf off the plant. while i don't believe in trimming fan leaves at all (except on lower part of plants where light is minimal, but i assume you're doing that?) this method makes far more sense than hacking entire leaves off the plant.

always remember, leaves are little factories. they convert light, water, and nutrients into usable food for buds and flowers. i cannot understand, personally, WHY anyone would want to cut off fan leaves, but hey...i'm just an old fart with very little imagination.

elrod kadiddlehopper