Trimming leaves before harvesting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mudfingers, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Wanted some advise on what I can start trimming off now that I'm in full flower. I've heard not to do anything and I've heard you can trim off almost everything- I'm looking for the inbetween. Feedback? Thanks.

2. Basicaly it's a debate on this matter.

IMO for the most part I do not pick anything. I do pick leafs that touch the ground when the plant is wet. I cut out small shoots inside the plant as well. Never just pic leafs.

Look at most large plants on this site. They are just left to grow for the most part.

3. Like above, its personal preference. I've done it, then I've decided not to do it with certain crops. Too much trimming can stress your plant out, so be mindful.

4. trim off leaves only in the inside of the plant if they are very bushy so the plant gets air flow (no mold). Besides that, leave all leaves imo. But as 5150 it's a debate.

5. i like to do the lollipop for the branches that get no light

6. I always thought lollipop was for indoors. A outdoor plant should get plenty of light outdoors. But then again I never tried it. Most outdoors plants I see lollipoped outdoors makes me wonder how much they lost. Indoor I can see it playing huge roll though.

I get huge colas from down low.

[​IMG]

If I lollipop this plant I lose half my harvest.

[​IMG]

7. Yeah 5150, I never really grasped the concept outdoors either alot of people don't realize how much more powerful the sun is then any grow light ever made

8. i was only kidding about the lollipop

9. i was kidding about the lollipop

10. Hey 5150 how many years have you been growing for?