Trimming Fan Leaves??!?!?!??!?!?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GnomegrownMW, May 17, 2010.

1. Hey I am in week 6 of flowering, I was wondering if it is ok to trim off the fan leaves to make more light get to the smaller buds at the bottom of the stock.? Will this be ok? I am saving the leaves to make hash when im done. Thanks

2. The leaves you are cutting would most likely be supplying energy to other buds.

If you are growing these things legally the best thing I could think of doing would be to put some angled mirrors under or around it. Other than that dude let the plant grow naturally.

You could also try bending some other branches that may be in the way over the lower ones, but that is just a thought and really would only be suitable in few situations.

Good luck.

3. Just bend the leaves out of the way or let the plant grow normally. It's like asking if you should take the solar panels off of your solar powered car. The fan leaves are how the plant converts light into energy.

4. thanks guys ill try that

5. nother good way to get fan leaves to cooperate is to use fine wire to wrap around the stem of the leaf and then it makes that leaf and stem bendable and moldable i did this last time and on most of the problems leaves this eleminated the problems and without losing any good leaf power!