Trimming during flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by calinycgrow, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Im in my 3rd week of flowering and i've heard that you shouldn't trim during flowering but my plants are super bushy and there are a lot of fan leaves blocking buds. Would it harm the plant to trim a few of these?

2. Let me say it indirectly.
    If the leaves absorb air and light to create bigger buds. Then when you remove a lot of these leaves it will then...

3. Nah, doesn't harm them to trim a few, however bending is a better solution if can be done. Often times youll need to trim yellowing leaves as the flowering process continues anyway, and you certainly want the buds to receive more light.
    Some people say a good amount of light gets through the leaves to the buds anyway, but I have no proof of this.

4. i'd say trim as little as possible. like anony said, folding the leaves under the buds to let light through is better.

5. I trim my fan leaves to alow bud to the colas+bud sites.
    Don't go OTT though...

6. just tuck them out of the way

7. thanks for the help guys, now just one last question, i know i should harvest when about half the trichomes are amber but how do I know when to stop feeding the plants and just giving them water becuase it should be about a week b4 harvest right?

8. if i remember correctly you stop feeding them at the first sign of read hairs, or else it gives your bud a weird taste. shit just realized this was from 2006 and you defintly flowered, harvested, and smoked all your bud by now, hope it was good.