Trimming/Drying/Curing, questions and worries.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by VicRattlehead, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I have 6 plants (in my journal) that are pretty much at the perfect trichome colors for me.. Im about to chop them all after the next flush i believe..

I chopped one a few days ago, the White Widow #2...the worst of the bunch in my opinion, mostly cloudy trichomes, but a few clear.. I think it was ready to be chopped, but it only had 2 flushes. So that may be another reason.. Heres what i did with that one...

As soon as i chopped it, i cut each bud apart separately so they were individual buds, not attached to the branch. Then in the same few hours trimmed them down to the final product...
    Right after each bud was trimmed i moved them to a screen in a well ventilated room (in the room before the grow box, so it has just as much ventilation, like 400cfm maybe too much?) I dont have a fan in the room at all, just ventilated by the grow box fan. Temperature between 65-72, Humidity around 40% (too low?)

The buds seemed were pretty crisp after only 42 hours, but none of the stems would snap.. Even now after 3 days of drying they dont snap, which i think is good..
    I put the bigger colas in a paper bag along with some strips of paper to try to slow the drying down. I dont think they will mold. They seem to have lost the most of their smell
    The smaller buds i put in a jar (even tho the stems didnt snap, which is when you put them in the jar from what i know)..... When i opened it, they had that grassy smell, but they were all pretty squishy again, so im hoping thats just because they werent dry enough to be jarred yet..

?????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Is there anything im doing wrong? or will that grassy smell go away once theyre completely dry and put into jars... It could be that this plant just doesnt smell as much as the rest.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I chopped one branch off one of the pineapple chunks at the same time. I left the buds and leaves all attached to their branches, didnt trim anything. Today, when i trimmed the leaves and cut them into individual buds, and put them in a jar, it smells pretty good, similar to the way it smelled while growing. (im putting it back out to dry, i just wanted to see how it smelled after fermenting a few mins) haha
    It Im not sure if leaving them intact while drying changed anything, but maybe since my humidity is a little on the lower side, at least leaving them dry on their branches might slow down the drying a little bit..??? I might try that with the rest, i just dont want them to mold, and i could just be wasting my time...

Any input? Thanks for any help guys

2. thanks for posting this...I am on the exact same page as you with harvesting, trimming, and curing..Just make sure you don't jar to early or you will get mold. (i know i did)....i think the slow drying method works well by using paper bags with strips of paper in between the layers of buds.

hopefully some of the gurus will pop in and let us know what's up...again thanks for posting this:smoke: