Trimming (defoliating) during flower

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Deleted member 892550, Mar 31, 2016.

1. [​IMG]
    This was about 2 weeks about the D zaster. I thought it was dead for sure. I split the main stalk down the middle. It was hanging. PHew!

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]
    Around the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thats lil more then i take off freedom but looks good buddy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. im on dan gros level of what i take out.n i agree hydro is amazingly quick on recovery once u dial n a few must haves..i tie mine down,once they grow a little(usualy one nite most cases)and pull back toward light i cut the tie n pull down other way.dwc was built for lst,at least my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  5. I apologize for switching topics mid thread. I was raised Christian but as a kid I didn't believe any of it. I thought it was all nonsense. I'd heard of people having visions and talking to God, but that was not my experience. I've begged God to talk to me. I've begged him to help me before. In the lowest points in my life. I've been to jail. I've been in horrible situations. Prayer has always got me through. I'm sorry I just have to say something because I used to be just like you. I'll leave you alone with the religious stuff. Just please don't knock it. I respect your opinion completely. It's weird my dad raised us Christian we went to church every Sunday. Now he's having doubts about God. I have gotten really religious the last few years. Again, sorry for forcing it on you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Once the hydro gets rolling it will outpace the soil almost every time. I was really surprised. It's real slow to get going though.

7. Not saying hydro isnt hard n sumways.i did outdoor few yrs with my own soil mix(ohio weather) with usualy around 4oz plant (post cure).thats bout 3month veg here.i can veg for 3-5 wks n do that indoor.n for me hydro was second nature.wasnt too bad to learn at all

• Like Like x 1
  8. hydro is unforgiving though for sure little changes make big differences. If something goes wrong it happens faster.

9. I wud imagine perlite n coco wud b harder.like i mentiond im dwc guy.once u understand fresh air n,old air out,right temps n humidity,light on nutes,off to races n dwc....in worse senerio clean totes for dwc..

10. I literaly had a rockwool cube this yr get thrown n my fire pit right...(i wrote it off cause others poppd n it didnt)3 days later somehw itmade it.threw it n dwc n its looking amazing.....kinda ridicoulas.....i dont c that happening n soil

11. My bad i didnt see this reply before! Just wanted to say thx and i appreciate it! Science always wins! (=

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Heres one little rm i hav b4 n after.i dont defoliate as aggresive as some

13. Thats 1wk rooting,2wk veg, n 15 days n flower now n dwc.that soil plant n front was startd exact sametime so theres comparison soil/dwc

14. let me start by saying Kendell you have all makings for a master grower!!! I started trimming fan leaves because
    of low light. Then got bigger light and got less from same strain because I grew huge fan leaves and few great buds.
    and a bunch of tiny buds even I didn't want to smoke. after years of deleafing I know this! the more indica the plant is the more it needs it, and likes it! I have heard it all, but proof is in the end weight! and you are absolutely correct about trimming right before harvest because the flush removes salts and makes her feed on reserves. leave a few leaves around each bud so you see that flushing is working " yellowing" of those leaves. the more you grow the more you know.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thank you very much! At the end of the day its all just science. Theories have to be proven multiple times, and most importantly be replicable by other perspectives in order to be accepted as truth. There is a ton of evidence out there in favor of our perspective, and a lot of theories out there that oppose our perspective. I wont say what anyone is doing is the right or wrong way, but i can say for certain, that i have the ability to increase MY yield by defoliating, pruning, bending, breaking, and just abusing the piss out of them. Im not interested in any THEORIES about how these techniques dont increase my yield when they probably dont even know what strains ive grown/tested, let alone theyve probably never grown the same phenos. Science!

lovin u (=

• Like Like x 2