Trimming dead leafs and stress on flowering plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tommatt, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Ok, so from general gardening I know its better to cut the dead/diseased/bad leaves. Instead of trying to keep the leaf alive, it instead uses that energy on new growth. I've also heard that in MJ, during flowering, if you trim too much you could stress it/hermie it.

So how much is too much? Those nodes growing off the main stalk with no leaves, cut the whole thing right? Just trying to see whats the optimal way to trim.

2. Don't do any trimming apart from removing dead leaves. Let nature take it's course, that's the philosophy I take in my grows.

3. Do you mean just wait till they fall off, or only remove yellowed/dried leaves?

I've been removing the ones that are dried, and basically dying. They are not coming back to life.

4. Leave yellow leaves on, until they begin to turn crispy and die. Only pull off dead leaves.

5. I disagree. I would say pull off any dying/wilting/ abnormal leaves.. When you pull of 1 leaf 2 grow back in the place of it. So take that into consiteration through out the prune of your grow. You'll double the size of your plant by pulling leafs throughout the grow;)

6. You'll also be taking away energy that should be going to bud production to produce these leaves. Let nature do it's thing, the plant grows on it's own, you've just got to guide it.