Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trim Question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by iDonate, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Before you read note that I have very high tolerance and am trying to make some potent stuff edibles have never worked for me I need help please n thank you

How much trim per 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter?...and is it better to use wet or dry trim?

Any other tips or ideas greatly appreciated

2. using dry (decarbed) trim is best
    you do this by putting the weed in the over at 230f for 30 minutes

next to that, you put in as much as you like. It's hard to tell for use since we don't know the quality. If your tolerance is really trough the rough, take the amount of trim you would need to smoke in a day (or evening) to get nicely high, and use that amount per edible.

example: you smoke 2 grams of said trim in an evening, then you need to use 2grams per edible. For 10 brownies that would be 20 grams per stick of butter (or however much butter goes in the edible you wanna make)

3. [quote name='"Jezn"']using dry (decarbed) trim is best
    you do this by putting the weed in the over at 230f for 30 minutes

next to that, you put in as much as you like. It's hard to tell for use since we don't know the quality. If your tolerance is really trough the rough, take the amount of trim you would need to smoke in a day (or evening) to get nicely high, and use that amount per edible.

example: you smoke 2 grams of said trim in an evening, then you need to use 2grams per edible. For 10 brownies that would be 20 grams per stick of butter (or however much butter goes in the edible you wanna make)[/quote]

I feel like I should jus say fuck it n use kief or hash trims not Gonna do nething...whts the point in the oven process?

4. Now your thinking. You get out what you put in!! Try it with keif. That's great. Only way. Trim us only last resort. If you access to something better use it

5. [quote name='"aceguitar"']Now your thinking. You get out what you put in!! Try it with keif. That's great. Only way. Trim us only last resort. If you access to something better use it[/quote]

Only thing keepin me from usin kief is the amount of time it's gonna take me to gather 7gs of it def wanna do that though so ima start Savin a bit

6. their is no point to the oven process here is what i did when i had 75 grams of trim and bud. I had bubble bags though, i picked up some dry ice from meijer, got 25 g's of keif melted down two sticks of butter, added the keif, let it simmer on medium heat for five minutes take off the heat, put the budder in your fridge for 24 hours so everything can break down and become alll the goood molecules we want it to be. Then theur is your poitent ass budder, i dont recommend just using trim as your budder is going to taste like shit.

7. [quote name='"DrLingIsKing"']their is no point to the oven process here is what i did when i had 75 grams of trim and bud. I had bubble bags though, i picked up some dry ice from meijer, got 25 g's.[/quote]

Can you re explain this I have fuckloads of trim and bubble bags is this like a kief makin process?

8. Don't get me wrong. I use my trim all the time. I know what you mean. I was thinking of trying dry ice hash next time. I have bubble bags , but that is a longer process than I like. Plus it's just a lot of work. Bho. I haven't tried it for edibles but I know some people do.

9. Ya dude what you do, is you take a five gallon bucket like u were gonna make some bubble hash, take the 72 micron bag, (i think its the third bag in the set) anyway put the dry ice and trim in the bottom of the bucket, put the bag overtop the bucket shake the bucket upright for about one or two minutes, then make sure you have a clean table for this, you turn the bucket upside down, with the bag on it of course and start shaking it over your table. keif will be pouring out, evetuallly you can detach the bag form the bucket and jsut shake the bag. I did this step for a bit to long so i had some pretty green keif, but if you stop after a minute i think you should have some nice blonde keif

video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1buSgDNfGFQ]Dry Ice Hash Demo - YouTube[/ame]

10. I'm doing this next harvest. Where did you get your dry ice? I've been asking stores around and nobody has any

11. [quote name='"DrLingIsKing"']Ya dude what you do, is you take a five gallon bucket like u were gonna make some bubble hash, take the 72 micron bag, (i think its the third bag in the set) anyway put the dry ice and trim in the bottom of the bucket, put the bag overtop the bucket shake the bucket upright for about one or two minutes, then make sure you have a clean table for this, you turn the bucket upside down, with the bag on it of course and start shaking it over your table. keif will be pouring out, evetuallly you can detach the bag form the bucket and jsut shake the bag. I did this step for a bit to long so i had some pretty green keif, but if you stop after a minute i think you should have some nice blonde keif

video: Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1buSgDNfGFQ[/quote]

Thanks this is awesome how bout a trim/dry ice ratio

12. It took me a while but i went to meijer, i called about ten places before i found it too. And ya dude do this shit next time you harvest, i guarantee you will never fuck around with bubble buckets again unless you really like your bubble hash. I was fucking amazed the whole time i was doing it. me and my buddies were like "holy fuck dude" the whole time, it was pretty fuckin cool.

13. #13 DrLingIsKing, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
    We used two pounds of dry ice and 75 g's of buds and frosty trim. Make sure you bust up the dry ice good and use gloves also make sure you open a window just in case, idk if you can suffocate from co2 or not but just be safe son

14. Sounds f'ing cool. Yea bubble hash isn't all that great. I just want something clean with no plant in it

15. Amazing shit but few more questions how long do you dry your trim for and does it matter if it's shred up like in the vid?

16. I cant wait to try the Dry ice method.

17. My trim was dry but i think if you use wet trim you will get less plant material and more trichs becasue the leaves and shit will hold together better, mine wasnt shred at all it was straight trim and the tiny buds we didnt wanna fuck with

18. Dry ice is definitely the easiest fastest way to get dry sifted hash. But if you can't always or reliably
    find dry ice when you need it, don't fret; it only takes a few minutes longer without it. :smoke:

Just remember that either way, to get the most hash from sifting, you want it as dry and finely-ground
    as you can manage.

If you want to skip the sifting and move right to a concentrate, inexpensive high-proof drinking
    alcohol is the way to go (I avoid iso-alcohol for medical patients, even though with proper purging it
    *should* be completely safe... it's up to you :) ).
    I often run alcohol through my dry-sifted hash to make concentrate, but if you're fast and you
    use cold alcohol and cold flowers/leaf, you can get an equally pure produce without spending
    the added time sifting. If you want a very concentrated end-product, and you're starting with weaker
    material, this is the way to go (I usually reserve a small portion of the extract for smoking purposes,
    and use the rest for making edible oil). :D

If it's for consumption, and not smoking (or if you're making a dual edible-smokable batch that
    you plan to split) it's best that you decarb or activate the glandular material before you begin extracting
    and stripping away the potency. It's easier to decarb the material more evenly when it is still on the
    plant, than it is later on, when it is a concentrate.

And if you want additional plant extracts (we'd often consider them 'contaminants') for digestive/
    skin/health, just wash in alcohol for a bit longer. :hello:

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

(photo-excerpts, from the above tutorials...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Trim is dryin now gonna give this shit a shot tomorrow I'll keep it updated

20. Post some pics man!