Trim plants during flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by urbanfarmer45, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Hey guys, anyone know if its ok to trim some leaves off during the flowering stage? I cut the big fan leaves off before flowering but now the auxiliary leaves are starting to get pretty big as well and I think it's starting to shade out the middle and bottom parts of the plant. I have the plant angled a little (kinda LST) which should help give it some more exposure, but I was thinking maybe if I trim leaves from the top part of the plant only then it will open up some exposure for the lower parts. I've heard that trimming during flowering is ill advised, but won't the reduction in leaf matter be helpful in guiding more energy towards flower production?

2. no, trimming leaves is stupid - both in veg and in flower. the leaves that block light to other parts of the plant are the healthiest leaves that are working the hardest. tuck them under or cut off the lower growth, but dont cut off the best leaves. even if trimming leaves redirects "energy" from the roots to the buds, most of all it reduces the plant's capacities.

3. You can trim, but dont be excessive. try to keep your leaves at all costs if you can, try tucking or w/e but trimming should be last resort to get light in there

4. Light travels through leaves too.