Trim or not to trim

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sinscalyx, Apr 23, 2013.

1. I was just curious whether its ok to trim some fan leaves to allow light to lower bud sites? I've heard it can stunt/ stress plant. Not trying to turn my lady into a hermy.

2. i did and have only had more bud sites form. plants haven't hermed yet (got about 4 weeks left). if nothing else, trim some of the shade leaves from the branches. they will always grow new ones.

3. Plants 'do their thing' pretty well, so, just leave it.

4. When in doubt, LITFA....leave it the fuck alone :)

5. This is exactly why I haven't done any trimming.....so many opinions

6. Its a controversial subject....some strains might react ok, others not. Lots of conflicting theories on the subject....IMO, i like to minimize stress. Where you can, just tuck bigger leaves out of the way to expose lower budsites and allow for better penetration......the leaves are the solar panels of the plant so you dont want to be hacking them all off :)

7. ^^^^ yea, i would recommend trying to train it before you go about cutting it.

If you get crafty you can probably tie some of the branches to the main stalk, so they bend away from their normal placement and allow light to other growth, however if your plant is super bushy, it may just block light to another portion.. but if you have the space you should be able to train the plant so its no problem