Trim for bubble hash

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wEEDhEAD1, Sep 19, 2017.

1. my girls came down yesterday and I think I overlooked how to keep the trim..
    I thought just chuck it it the freezer until it's ready but I've just read posts saying its neccesary to dry and cure it before you use it. It will be 3/4 weeks before I try and make my first batch of bubble hash, I've just watch jeorge do it :D

But yeah what you guys do to the trim before you use it?
    It has a lot of popcorn and guff buds from lower down addedtoo if that make a difference..

2. depends how you are gonna process it. If I was you I would take it out of the freezer when you are ready to process it and use it in some bubble bags. Easy peezy.

3. I personally dry it but not to brittle point

Then use it. It can be stored in freezer but I usually just make it once it's 80% - 90% dry.

J

Edit: before I make it, no matter what I do toss it into the freezer for several hours before it hits the Hash bags to make trichomes snap off easily/more effectively.

J

• Like Like x 3
  4. I let it dry then I use a 220 bubblebag screen and some dry ice and shake it into a pile on a large piece of glass. Scrape snow banks of kief no waiting for the hash to dry just press and enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. foto_no_exif (9).jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I got 56grams from that run from a garbage bag full of trim.

7. Sorry 57 grams foto_no_exif (10).jpg I stand corrected

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yeah the reason I'm not gonna do it for 3 weeks or so is I'm waiting to get some bubble bags..
    Ok so I'll let it dry with the bud then stick it in the freezor.
    Jay r that's amazing. I had 4 plants, even with all the extra popcorn I threw I. I'll be lucky to fill a carrier bag. How comes you only use the 220 screen?

9. Finer mesh less plant material

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I get trim donated to me all the time because I have the gear to make it all. They get a free high whenever they want a chunk I give them some. They don't really smoke hash (older folks who like herb only). Once In awhile they will smoke it but they hate the coughing fit after lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. why dry it? Letmesee....dry it so you can put it in water?

12. Because Jerry says so :D

13. I freeze it immediately and run it >whenever<. I have a deep freeze in my garage that is specifically for bud/trim for the bags. I just ran the last bag of trim from last year's outside grow a few weeks ago. Can't wait for harvest next week to do it all over again!

• Like Like x 3
  14. #14 jerry111165, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    I don't have a great big freezer to freeze everything fresh and my wife would kill me if I took all of our food out of the refrigerator freezer just so I could try and cram a trash bag of fresh/green Hash material in it - so I dry it so that it will store until I have enough collected to make a Hash run.

I'm guessing many don't have spare freezer room to store lots of green plant material.

Hash can be made with fresh frozen or dried. Many methods. @Jay_R_1787 method above is a good example of dry sift where I don't believe it would work as well using fresh frozen material - or at least I haven't tried it with fresh frozen using dry ice.

My own usual way is to dry my bud leaf & popcorn enough to stabilize it but not to the point where it crumbles and store it until I have enough to spend an afternoon running it through my bubble hash bags. Several hours before I make it I'll freeze it well so that trichomes are brittle. Maybe a half a 5 gallon bucket at a time is covered in (lots of) ice and then very cold water. It is then stirred for 3-4 minutes and what this does is to knock the cold brittle trichomes off of the leaf material and to become suspended in the water where it is then strained through a succession of assorted mesh sized bubble bags where the thick layers of trichomes are collected, dried and pressed into blocks.

I guess the only real reason I dry the plant material first is for storage while I collect enough to make a run because I don't have a big freezer. Now, I've tried both fresh frozen and dry material and while I do believe the fresh frozen probably makes a finer, higher quality product I also feel that at least with the Neanderthal equipment I have and use, I feel like I miss a lot of trichs that don't break off and that I collect more with dry plant material. I'm also not a pro at this by any stretch of the imagination and just do it for fun and so as not to
    Waste the smaller material.

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Yeah dry it first that way if you don't have time or forget you won't have a bag of mold when you get around to it. I never tried wet trim either with the dry ice. It probably would work because dry ice would rip the moisture from the plant but not positive on this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. And like jerry said I never have the space to freeze all my leaf that I get donated and personal grows. Hth

• Like Like x 1
  17. The wife has no problem with any of it (I'm a lucky guy). I don't have to move any food to do it because I went to Blowe's and bought my own deep freeze. Between the produce we freeze from the garden and the greenhouse...and the weed.....we need 4 freezers. Granted they are those little ones...but yeah....no worries here. I need my own freezer because I make hash out of about 90% of what I grow.

I bought 2 of those little washing machines last year. Still have one in the box. The other has been modified "Frenchy Cannoli" style with direct drain (bypass the pump). There's just no way to stir it all by hand.

good luck gettin' 'er done, folks!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dry trim and run for maximum return. Run fresh frozen full nugs for best quality imo. Doing a run this morning of fresh frozen material.

IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

• Like Like x 4