Trikky vs Lear

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Whohulkwalk, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Both are extremely talented artist.But I wanted to get some opinions from the grasscity community about some grasscity alumni.Who do you think is the better glass blower and who would you rather have a pipe by?

If you have a pipe by either artist post it.

No disrespect to Trikky or Lear they are both great at what they do.

2. I dig both their style's. But i find myself loving LEAR's color schemes and glass more than Trikky's. Both talented artist's by any strech of the imagination. :smoke:

3. From the sounds of it, you're really debating on which artist to "invest" in first, and you find yourself liking both of them, so to be honest, I think it should come down to the individual piece.

If you happen to really like an individual piece of glass, then buy it because you like it, not because of who made it. I think any respectful artist would understand that.

Hopefully one day you can obtain pieces from both of these artists. I don't currently own glass from either, so I'll reserve any comments on that.

Good luck with your decision. I know it's not an easy one, as I've seen both of their work. :D

4. I'm not looking to buy something from them just wanted to know what gc thought.Maybe one day I will own a pipe from both if them.

5. Personally, I'd choose Trikky, but thats based on a biased view..

Would be hard if I had to pick one, cuz LEAR does some sick sick sick shit, and so does trikky, but I know more about trikky and where he comes from...

6. If you're looking for an extremely cleanly worked scientific piece, Lear all the way. Technical glassworking at its best.

Trikky's style is much more abstract, and less clean. Not that that is a bad thing, everyone has their own style. Trikky is a true creative artist.

So it really depends on what you're looking for.

7. ^^^ This

8. Both are awsome artists I havent seen much of trikkys stuff but ive seen lears thread and hes real good with those inlines. Imma go check ouit trikky stuff right now i no he has som good glass ive seen some of his posts just never seen in depth.:smoke:

9. No offense to trikky, but I would have to go with lear, his high end stuff is so sick.

10. I vote lear to

11. LEAR for sure

12. Never owned pieces from either artist. I have seen some of trikkys stuff, and have seen lears thread where he posts/used to. Personally, im more inclined to get Lear, b/c its more in line with my taste. Also, his line work is one of the best i have ever seen. very tight, very neat. practically perfect line work. Plus the designs are jsut unique for what you see in such a space.