Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trigeminal neuralgia

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Volcano South, Nov 4, 2009.

1. #21 Old2Soon, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011
    My MVD surgery was for CN-5 and CN-7 area

Doctors told me there are problems with my Petrosol vein cluster region

Currently taste testing "Sensi Star" medical marijuana strain

Will continue to try other alternative strains with better THC/CBD characteristics

I need to stay active and functional throughout the day, so finding the ideal balance between strength and dosage is important - so that I can pace myself, and work-in my single one-hitters every few hours, and continue to function with above average energy levels.

2. I wish I could still smoke as it helped greatly but I'm:

- In a non-medical state
    - Ex-wife who threatens to drug test (we have a 6mo)
    - Need a job

3. My TN conditions started when I was 19. I have the atypical TN with an unrelenting deep burning, boring pain throughout my gums, ear, throat, tounge, all on the left side of my head/face.. that is there from the moment I wake till the moment I sleep. The neuro surgeon wants to perform the MVD and it scares the shit out of me. I noticed Volcano South said he also has the atypical TN but was told he cannot have the MVD, why is this?

4. Hello people,

I'm 19 and I was just prescribed tegretol for TN. I was diagnosed about a month ago, but have been living with it since last September.

I can't stand the medication. I'm taking 800 mg before I got to bed, and it helps, but all day the next day I'm dizzy, drowsy, and noxious. Can't stand it.

I'm an active person. REALLY active. I'm actually in Thailand right now, and my plans to train at a muay thai camp were fucked up completely cause of my TN. Now this medication is fucking up the new plans I've made.

As soon as I get home I'm going to work on getting a prescription for marijuana. I'm a recreational smoker, but it has helped a lot. Both with the pain and the mental stress. I think the combination of tegretol and the pot would make life a whole lot easier, cause this is the biggest burden I've ever had to deal with.

What are the chances of getting such a prescription? Anybody have advice?

I'm from Alberta, Canada which I'm sure will play a factor.

Thank you!

5. I was diagnosed with TN in January of 2011 and took all of the recommended drugs, all of which have been mentioned in the previous posts. After not being able to function normally on the drugs I opted for the gamma knife surgery last march and have had no serious pain since. Every once in a while I feel some tingling where there used to be severe pain but Since the surgery life has been back to normal. I recommend gamma knife surgery to anyone with TN. No drugs, no pain!

6. I notice these posts are older. I wonder if there are any folks here that are really interested in the ability of cannabis to relieve pain or is it all for the high. I have a strong interest in using cannabis for relief of neuropathy, neuralgia, and other nerve disorders. If you share my interest please post.

Trigeminal neuralgia is known as the Suicide Disease. It is one of them most painful diseases know to man. The medications can only dull the intense pain and leave the patients to suffer their side effects. I don't know if cannabis would help but it is certainly worth a try.

7. I'm very interested in what it can do for me. It helps as is.

8. Wouldn't you know, my wife has been given a prelim diagnosis of TN.

We're going to get a second opinion, in the mean time I'll be reviewing this and the other threads to see what we can do to alleviate the pain

9. This is my first post here and I am very interested in any strains that might be helpful in dealing with TN or at least helping with the pain. I had surgery done 5+ years ago for severe sleep apnea. They fixed the apnea, but I ended up with bi-lateral TN in my t3 nerves. For the last 4+ years I have been on a heavy opiate regime to try and keep the pain to a dull roar. Last year one of my doctors recommended MMJ to see if it would help at all. I currently take it in gel cap form, but have been researching a volcano or similar device. The MMJ has helped allot with sleep and nausea, but I only take it at night. I do take a high cbd cap 3x a day too. I plan to start growing indoor soon and so I thought I should ask what strains or seeds you all might advise. Thank you for reading my post and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

10. High end indica seem to help my wife quite a bit.  Sativas aren't really for pain management, so they won't work very well.  Go for the heavy duty indicas