Tried to find a ghost town today...

Discussion in 'General' started by darksmoker, May 23, 2011.

1. #1 darksmoker, May 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
    got so close..fucking awesome. there is/was a town in southern arkansas about 2 hours away from where i live, called Graysonia. it was a popular milltown in the 1910s-1940s. it was abanoned and officially "closed" in 1950. i read about it on the interwebz, and decided to look for it...all the roads leading into it are dirt, and theyre all named like Co Rd 223, 254, 287, 293 etc. There are SO MANY didfferent roads, i couldnt even find it.

i followed my gps, and it tried hard but the road i was on [about 25 miles outside graysonia] just straight up ended....it was dirt, and the road led to a big circular pit of dirt and gravel, and there were floodwaters to the right of the "pit". i was disappoint...got so close. isnt it crazy though that this town is so forgotten about and lost that 25 miles outisde in every direction every single road is unnamed, dirt and several of them end before the town? amazing.

my friends and i are going to park the car at the pit this weekend and bring flashlights and all kinds of "supplies" into the woods with a map and look for the buildings. i know theyre still there. i think itll be so cool.

anyone ever been to or seen a legit and nontourist ghost town? i want to camp out there with some whiskey and kush....with some friends, thatll be amazing. got pics if you have?

heres a google map screenshot of the area...the big A is obviously graysonia, and the red circle is justttt south of where my road ended, the red underline is the main road i had to turn off [rte 8], and the red bumpy circle is....graysonia. look at all those dirt roadssss i have to go though. will be a fun adventure.
    [​IMG]

2. this sounds like a plot for a survival horror game

3. Steven Yaffee, eh?

4. lol, watchign "growing op" on netflix and thought he looked mad familiar =P

5. I like the idea of visiting a ghost town that isn't really "known".. There in lies the problem though cause I would have no fucking clue where to look. I got Ghost Towns of Pennsylvania but I don't want a damn tourist attraction.

6. not really a town but me and my friends used to chill and smoke at an abandonned science institution which had like 4 buildings. crazy shit we've done there it was cool and fuckin freaky at the same time, especially going throught old / trashed laboratorie at night.

7. I would LOVE to do shit like that!

8. Nice man

I just got back from the Branch Davidian Compound this morning....well the plot of plat it stood on at least.

9. That sounds fun. Be careful im sure theres bums living there